Any luck with video on the tablet screen?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
H_uue

Post by H_uue »

It's a fairly sure bet, given it's SUV form, that many people buying/ interested in the Enyaq will have families and with those all the attached the dropping/ collecting duties. So plenty time spent parked outside random schools/ halls/ clubs.

So with a generous tablet screen, I had reasonable hope that I'd be able to play video to the tablet screen- but these so far unfulfilled.

There is quite a lot to learn from ID forums (for example vwidtalk.com/threads/video-on-infotainment-when-parked )

Following leads there, the clues point to getting a USB C memory stick which would then be 'seen' by the media player. So I procured a stick, loaded up with an MP4 file but on the Enyaq, unlike the ID platform, while it appears to play, no video to see and indeed despite play/ pause working, no sound either. Of course real functionality would mean it would play native through Prime video/ Disney plus etc as you can't download MP4s etc from those apps. So the MP4 in media player is only a technical test that failed.

It's frustrated me so far on other apps too. It would be convenient, while waiting for a child, for example to join an MS teams meeting, but trying that during an academic meeting let me hear through the car speakers but only watch a tiny powerpoint on the phone. I could contribute but gain little.

The potential is surely there. Interested if anyone has got further. So far, not interested in bragging rights, I gain little from the glossy glass tablet up front.

(goes without saying, no interest and wouldn't want video on the move)

Wombleyaq

Post by Wombleyaq »

If you have an Android phone and use Android Auto you can muck about with AAAD to get video apps working through Android Auto:
https://github.com/shmykelsa/AAAD
Enyaq iV 80 Loft
H_uue

Post by H_uue »

If you have an Android phone and use Android Auto you can muck about with AAAD to get video apps working through Android Auto:
Thanks for that. I thought I'd try before replying but to this point while the base AAAD and a trial screen mirror seem active on the phone, no joy yet on Android auto on the car

I'll update if there's a breakthrough
cikis

Post by cikis »

I tried the same - purchased USB-C memory stick, uploaded several movie clips in different encodings. And all video files played very well with sound, etc! Only thing, that after playing you should swipe screen from right side, to see the video picture.

When car started moving, then instead of video is appearing warning message, but sound continuous to play.

I used SanDisk Dual Type-C USB 3.1 stick. Movie files are encoded with iMovie - MP4.

Car software version (Software Base): H50.44.68-202012141502 (you can see when holding Home button on screen).
HMI Versions: H50.44.68_ICASMid_EU
MonsieurSeahorse

Post by MonsieurSeahorse »

I've worked this out, its a simple swipe. Have a look at my video here.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Metallic, 20" Vega's, Climate Plus, Parking Pack, convenience plus.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

MonsieurSeahorse wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:43 pm I've worked this out, its a simple swipe. Have a look at my video here.

I am absolutely NOT going to let my kids know this can be done !!😫
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Would love to get full screen seems such a waste

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post