HUD no longer available on Loft, Lodge, Lounge

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

This might be an issue for me. In the last couple of weeks the configurator hasn't let me build the spec I was wanting to, as it wouldn't let me have Infotainment Plus with Loft. I did a bit more digging and found this has now appeared in the description:

"The Plus package also includes head-up display. (This package is only available with Design Selections Suite, ecoSuite and SportLine)."

So it looks like I can't have the HUD with a non-leather interior. I might have to wait until either they change that back, or possible consider whether I can manage without the HUD (which is something I really liked the look of). Or maybe save up a bit and go for an Audi Q4 etron :(
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

jamest

Post by jamest »

I've driven a car which had a HUD for about 20 minutes (Lexus RX450HL). It was cool, and desirable. But is it a useful tool, or an unnecessary distraction in your eyeline? I couldn't decide. Is it worth £700? Probably not. Remember that on the Skoda you have the exact same information displayed just a few inches below on the dashboard.

To decide if you can manage without it I'd say try watching this video for a while, full screen in 4k if possible, looking between the dashboard and the HUD and the center display to see what information is where:

It's cool, but I don't think you'd really miss it much.

I also couldn't figure out if the navigation information would still pass through to the HUD if I was using Google Maps via Apple CarPlay. Worth researching if that's important to you.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
RichR

Post by RichR »

You don't quite have the same information - not the lane detection and adaptive cruise target marker for example. Yes you get some indication on the instrument panel for these, but it's more basic. I agree I could live without it, but it's one of the features I thought would be really useful, and if I'm spending £45000 on a car I'd quite like it to have all the options I'd like.

I just feel it's a bit mean taking away an option that has been available on all trim levels from launch for no apparent reason. Hopefully it'll come back.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Wombleyaq

Post by Wombleyaq »

I was lucky with an early Loft order back in Jan that I could apply the HUD option to.

I've driven my Enyaq for about 3 weeks now and wouldn't want to give up the HUD. I find the nav instructions in the HUD particularly useful and they do work with Android Auto / CarPlay.

I find I rarely need to look at the main infotainment nav and can pay better attention to driving with info in my line of sight.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft
RichR

Post by RichR »

Hmm, just when I was starting to convince myself that I could maybe do without it :( OK - looks like I'll wait until August and see if they change it back. In September we should get quite a revamp of the options as I'm pretty sure that's when the 80X joins the lineup in the UK.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I’ve had confirmation from Skoda that the Head Up Display option will not be available on anything other than Suite, EcoSuite and Sportline any more. So if you don’t want animal hide seats, you can’t have it. Bit disappointing given Skoda’s efforts to be more ethical in other areas. Wish I’d been able to order three weeks ago when it was available on Loft, Lodge and Lounge. 🙁
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

i think its worse than your subject line states

As far as I can tell from the uk July the 1st brochure and the Skoda ordering process,
If you select the HUD option you CANNOT order the chrome package or 20" or 21" wheels.

UPDATE. As of the 3rd of August brochure in UK, HUD CAN be ordered with Chrome and/or 20”/21” Wheels. I have now successfully got my dealer to amend my order.
Last edited by Wotters on Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, it's now not available with 20" or 21" wheels on a 60, although it is on an 80 or 80 Sportline with any wheels, but you must have Suite, EcoSuite or Sportline interior.

For me, I've had to accept that I'll have to have some leather on the seats, so by a bit of rearrangement of options I've decided to change from 80 Loft to 80 Sportline and an extra £1000.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Reviving an older topic because in the November 2021 brochure, Infotainment Package Plus is no longer restricted to Suite, EcoSuite and Sportline, and you can once again add it on a Loft in the Configurator.

I don't mind - I've ended up changing my spec from Loft to Sportline due to it not being available when I ordered in August, but for about £1000 more I think I've ended up with a way higher spec car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post