Freezing infomatic system

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Has anyone else had the issue of the infomatic system freezing up on them to some extent? I've twice had it where the air handling module is essentially frozen and doesn't allow me to put the blowers or AC on, or radio...

Only way to fix is to hold the power button for the radio down for 10 seconds to force a soft reset on the system. I only learnt about this reset owing to previous issues with the app and connectivity
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - this is a known issue on the Enyaq and VW ID.3 and ID.4. It has been since before they were available to buy, but the software is being actively worked on, and it's nowhere near as bad as it was when the ID.3 came out. Give them a few months and I expect it'll resolved later this year by an over the air update.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Good to know I'm not alone. Thanks
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Yep - had exactly the same.... soft reset has worked in all bar one instance, but even then it sorted itself out after a while. Only one random system restart whilst driving.
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

4 times in the first 6 weeks of ownership.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Yeah I'm probably about the same, but maybe 5 weeks of ownership
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Has happened twice in five weeks for us (80iv). We happily happened across the workaround simply by pressing the off button in sheer frustration… Not a big problem now we know how to deal with it.
Fossilnot
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

This issue has been reported in warmer areas of Europe and it is related with the big surface of infotainment screen exposed to sun. In a sunny and hot day it is very likely you are going to experience that. Fortunately that shouldn't be the worse issue in UK :D
Have a look if those days you experienced it they were hot and sunny, I would say yes.
In the other hand due that is a bad design of the infotainment system with such big exposed screen, I cannot see an easy solution from Skoda other than to wait to a restyling in the future with a new screen design. In the meantime, current owners, should protect somehow the screen in sunny days to avoid direct sunlight
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Yes indeed! The days on which it happened to our Enyaq were the hottest and brightest this year.
Fossilnot
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

It's not frozen as such though, as can still toggle between screens, it's just the ventilation doesn't want to play. Also noticed recently that occasionally the volume refuses to change when using Spotify on Android auto. Again a restart required to sort this. Glitchy beast, but I still love it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post