Software Updates

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I read that a software update is currently being made available to ID.4 First owners in Europe, The update is delivered OTA and after acceptance it is downloaded to await installation. Installation must be triggered when parked. Owners must exit the car and locking it will start the update which takes about 70 mins. The Hardware version is common to the ID.3, ID.4 and Enyaq.

I have the impression that the software is in many parts and the the Enyaq has the same hardware software but different display hardware and software. VW plan 3 monthly updates.

Don't know when we get an update but our current hardware version is the one that installed OTA capability.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

jamest

Post by jamest »

Very interesting, thanks!
The first over-the-air software update for the ID range will bring improvements in many aspects, including enhanced lighting functionality, better main beam control, optimized infotainment system operation, and others. Thanks to the MEB platform and its new and smarter electronics architecture, Volkswagen can update up to 35 control units via OTA updates.
Gives me some hope that the Park Assist features might one day appear via a software update.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The German forum I gleened most of this info from thinks it is a hardware problem. I will complain to my dealer this week.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

ID.3 & ID.4 Software updates on the way ....
The Enyaq and ID.4 hardware ID's are both H20.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltay ... efbb501143
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The first ID.4 users have received the update for Hardware H20 (same Hardware as Enyaq).
The S/W versions moves from 0792 to 0910.
VW plans updates every 12 weeks.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

ID.4 Forums reports that new ID.4 deliveries have 2.3 software (Hardware H20, Software Level 0910) Previous 0792).
First tests of scheduled charging worked correctly. :) :) :)
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also seen reports of it being more responsive, so shows they have been putting in a lot of work (I suspect VAG are pouring a lot of money into the company that did the software, as apart from Audi, it looks like all the MEB platform models are using the same software (with different themes for VW, Skoda and Cupra).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

RichR wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:33 am I suspect VAG are pouring a lot of money into the company that did the software, as apart from Audi, it looks like all the MEB platform models are using the same software (with different themes for VW, Skoda and Cupra).
Coming from a software developer - I'd say that VAG have given the responsible company a massive slap (and some money as a carrot) and now they are working flat out to sort the issues. They did enough to make 'minimum viable product' which in reality means something that looks nice but doesn't really work reliably - if at all for some features. Hopefully they will keep rolling out updates and things will get sorted. At least they can do OTA updates.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

I just got this reply from the MySkoda app developers when I complained about the 'Smart Charge' system. I'm a bit surprised at what they are indicating... that perhaps only newer versions of the Enyaq will be updatable, and not the ones we've been sold.

IMG_0021.jpeg

james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

That is indeed very worrying
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post