Powerpass

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

My original posting seems to have disappeared.
In it I bemoaned the lack of information provided by Skoda UK (who failed to respond to my email on the subject)
and Skoda Dealers about the Powerpass scheme.

I recognised that the key participant in the scheme (Ionity) has precious few charging stations in the UK but felt that
more information should be given to Skoda purchasers about the availability of what potentially is an excellent scheme.

However, collected my new Enyaq today !
Yippee !
Used the VIN number to open a Powerpass account successfully.
The application shows a map with locations of nearest charging points, although seemingly only those in the scheme (which appear to be beyond the Ionity network.
However, no indication of the charging rates .
However, the separate https://www.skoda-auto.com/other/powerp ... nformation shows that charging at Ionity sites should be at 25p per kWh and the DC charging (my Enyaq has DC charging facility) at non-Ionity sites should be £0.35 per kWh.
I will see if that happens and will report back !

Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Card duly arrived from Germany.
Had to Pair the card with the App and I am supposedly ready to go.
No instructions for use other than on the App so I emailed 'Powerpass Support',
also known as 'Elli', and received these instructions, although it didn't explain what the process was for
using the card at the charging station:

Regarding your request, we would like to inform you, that you can find the available charging stations from the Powerpass app:
Open Powerpass App / search & find charging stations on the map around you.
Search by Speed of the charging output of the station.
Search by Outlet type of the charging station.
Get detail of the charging station and its availability.
If you select a charging station within Powerpass App and click "Get directions", your favorite navigation app will show you detailed direction (e.g. Google Maps).
When you find your desired station you can charge your vehicle using your charging card.
You select the desired payment method.
You plug your vehicle and you start the charging process

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post