100kW Upgrade - After Build

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hi All,
Has anyone managed to find out from Skoda whether it’s possible to update from 50kW charge to the 100kW charge after build?
Cheers

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have seen info on the Skoda Storyboard saying it will be possible via Skoda Connect but not yet.
I guess that it may also require Enyaq software support.
The article also said other upgrades would also be possible, some at no cost and others that require dealer intervention could be booked.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I suspect that it's physically possible (as in the components could be ordered and fitted, then the software configured to recognise it), but at the moment the dealership network probably don't have any experience of even standard things like brake and suspension work on the Enyaq, let alone major system part changes. But given time, assuming it doesn't involve huge changes (I don't think you could upgrade a RWD model to 4WD for example), quite a few things may be possible in the future.

Until then, if you have 50kW charging, then you just get the opportunity for an extra cup of tea when you charge compared to someone with 100/125kW. It's not such a big deal if you plan your charging stops.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

It is rumoured the charging upgrades are software only. Not even a shorting link to cut.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I thought I'd be cunning and look in the parts catalogue to see if there are specific units for the 50, 100 and 125kW versions, but there are lots of 'high voltage battery controller units' listed on the parts catalogue for the Enyaq. However the only catalogue that seems to cover it at the moment is the Partslink24 one that's not free, so I can't see any more detail than that. I'm sure other catalogues will become available at some point which will help figure things like this out (because it's clear that the car is so new that not many people at VW, Skoda, Audi and Cupra know enough yet).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

Perchede wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:50 am It is rumoured the charging upgrades are software only. Not even a shorting link to cut.
That would be good....if true!
coom80

Post by coom80 »

I purchased a pre-configured Sportline and the only thing it didn’t have was the 125 charge. I was told it couldn’t be added after build, but I’m not sure the dealer completely knew for certain. Would definitely want to add it.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

This may interest for - it's re the VW EV's (same hardware software as the Enyaq.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

There is a retrofit software upgrade available in the Dutch market. Skoda part number 5LA054831A
Not sure if available in all markets yet.
Heres a link to the Dutch Skoda website using google translate :-

https://shop-skoda-be.translate.goog/nl ... pto=nui,sc
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I think there was a discussion in another thread (definitely was talked about on the Facebook group): dealers in Denmark and some other countries are doing the upgrades. Think it costs about the same as the option would have been when new.

Obviously from last month you can no longer order a 50kW charging version, the higher charge rate is mandatory now (and base price has gone up accordingly).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post