Enyaq vRS NOT coming to UK

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RidgebackRay

Post by RidgebackRay »

Afternoon Peeps,

Since I seen the Enyaq in January of this year and reading about it, I thought this may well be my first EV and a Skoda at that !!!

Any number of Google searches refers to a release date of Sep 21.

I had the chance to speak to someone from Skoda UK yesterday, he informed me, then repeated himself as I said "Thats not whats all over the internet"
"There are NO plans to release the vRS Enyaq to the UK market and there is no release date. Everything you have read is guesswork and conjecture"

So there you have it, total disappointment and likely will have to look for something else.
WHY is the UK market always behind everyone else !!!

If anyone else was looking forward to getting their hands on one, like me you'll be disappointed.
Maybe, just maybe, if enough people voice their opinions and disappointment Skoda will commit to providing a UK model.

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I can't see why anyone would want a vRS Enyaq.

I could understand the desire for an L&K version but the Enyaq is not and will never be a sports car of any description.

Perhaps the Audi version is more for you but they look very expensive although im sure I read on here that the Lease cost is lower if that's the way you are going.

If you want a sports electric, try out the new Tesla model Y. Thats goes like shovel manure.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

If you look at the parameters its not worth having the 4 wheel drive, the temp has to be 23-50c with a charge of over 88% and only lasts for 30 seconds

The availability of the maximum electrical output could be limited. The amount of power available in individual driving situations depends on various factors, such as ambient temperature and the charge status, temperature and condition or physical age of the high-voltage battery. The maximum electric power determined in accordance with UN-GTR.21 for this vehicle is 195kW and lasts for a maximum of 30 seconds. The power available will depend upon individual driving behaviour and other non-technical factors, however the maximum power for this vehicle requires in particular a temperature of the high voltage battery between 23-50 degrees Celsius and a battery state of charge greater than 88%. However, in order to preserve the usable capacity of the battery as much as possible, it is recommended to set a charging target of 80% for daily operation and use (which can be switched to 100% before long distance journeys for example).
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Is that referring to AWD or just maximum power availability?.
Im starting to think that the Enyaq is going to be quite a handful in bad weather with RWD.
I've noticed how much it spins at the rear in the wet with normal progressive acceleration so may be wishing for AWD in a few weeks.
If it's that bad, I may have to invest in some winter tyres.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's the max power mode. AWD is available all the time, same as the 80x. Though from what I understand it acts mainly as RWD and only uses the front motor when accelerating briskly, or the sensors indicate that it could help with cornering. Similar (but the other way round) to my Outlander PHEV, which is mainly FWD but uses the rear motor when it's needed. My Enyaq will be my first 2WD car in decades, I've had three Subaru Legacies and an Outback 3.0, as well as a Pulsar GTI-R before them, and my wife had a Honda CRV and Pajero.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post