ACC on and braking

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

It makes sense that the optimum regen performance (most energy recovery) is achieved by slow and steady braking. Lower charging current for a longer period of time will result in less energy wasted from heat. It's also a bit safer.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

I think we talk about different things. I use Acc all the time (only for keeping speed) in town as well. No need to focus on keeping the speed on the limit (50/70/100). But when the car comes to a red light and Iam the first obviously have to brake myself. Acc active, braking, acc disables but car ui does not show regen (suppose it means no regen but mechanical brakes). If I disengage the acc (tempomat or whatever it is) and brake myself after that the regen works (ui shows regen) all the time. Probably have to check it on dealer car and ask them to check with Škoda.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I found interestingly that Sport mode seems to regen almost all the time when braking from ACC

Also, the regen is level 2 by default in Sport
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Vasarolli wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:31 am Haha, right. Pardon my English, break or brake sounds same to me ;) Can't change the subject myself, not sure if an admin could do that?

One of the weirdnesses/wonders of English. They do sound the same! :geek:
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Should test in other modes myself as well. Did not think it would make a difference, and if it would perhaps exactly the other way around....
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Tried the sport mode. The thing is when I brake it sets the recuperation to level 2. So it will brake using that but it will just continue braking if I lift up my foot from the pedal. Probably something you might be used to if driving in B. I drive in D and find it annoying that it sets the recuperation to level 2.
Did not try the eco mode yet, will do that as well at some point (bit suppose similar to normal mode)
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

If you tap on the info symbol, it shows the various settings of each mode.
Annoyingly, it doesn't remember your selection between trips
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

That is why I drive in normal.... 🤣
drdoalot

Post by drdoalot »

Definately! When I have ACC in operation but I wish to manually slow down, if it does apply regen it's normally a small amount regardless of how hard I brake. Repeat the test run again, cancel/disable ACC a couple of seconds before, and regen is normal just like you should expect. If ACC is in situation where its self has to slow down quickly, it uses full regen before disks are needed. I have never had so much brake dust on an EV before.
This has to be software related.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post