Range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Hi all, first post here

I've had an 80 for just under a month now and have done around 1500 miles, mostly trailing a 500kg trailer full of sports equipment and with roof bars on the top.

My conclusions so far :

On a standard commute of 40 miles, mix of Country lanes and motorway, I get 3.2 miles per kW, so around the 265 mile range that reviews led me to expect

On a fully laden trip to Cornwall, car and trailer full, almost all motorway at 60mph ish max, and an hour of stop start around Bristol, I got just under 200, which I was very pleased with

hergus

Post by hergus »

Everyone's 'real world' is different but some may find my experience helpful.
About 10 times a year I travel from South Wales to Anglesey, just under 200 miles, mostly using the A470. For those that don't know the A470, there is some dual carriageway, but most is winding single carriageway with two significant hills.
Driving my previous Octavia diesel, average speed was 42 mph and 60+ mpg. It can be done slightly more quickly with relentless overtaking, but I no longer indulge (even though the Enyaq is up for it).
My first trip in the Enyaq iv60 last week was a relaxed affair, with the usual 42mph average speed. I stopped for lunch and an hour of 11kWh top up (Geniepoint, no problem using the app.), so reached my destination with charge to spare at an average 4.0 miles per kW. No heating or A/C.
On the return journey I started with about 95% battery and without any top up had 18% remaining (47 miles estimated), again at 42 mph and 4.0 miles per kWh average. The car suggested recharging at 20% which in an ideal world I would aim to do. This was on a hot day, and on setting off with the A/C on, the projected range dropped by 40 miles, so I drove with the windows open instead (dog in the boot).
Between these two trips I drove from Anglesey to Chester, 140 miles round trip on the A55 expressway, almost all dual carriageway. Average speed was 55 mph so consumption was 3.5 miles per kWh.
My conclusion. Driving at A road speeds, 200 miles is a reasonable range. In ideal conditions I can stay near the recommended 20% lower level of charge, and I expect consumption to go up a little when the heater is in use (I aim to use the heated seats primarily). Driving at motorway speeds, even starting with full charge and straying close to 0% charge at finish you would be lucky to achieve 200 miles, especially if you factor in heating or A/C.
Around town it is easy to achieve better than 4.0 miles per kWh.
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Using the WLTP figures (IV60 = 225 w/mile, IV80 = 230 w/mile), the IV60 is 2% more efficient.

As the IV 80 has approx 30% larger battery its range will comfortably exceed that of the IV60, as is confirmed by the official range figures.

As previously noted, driver actions will have a greater impact on real-life range, but will apply equally to both models; and as with ICE cars smaller and lighter is generally more efficient (if not more fun :-)).
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Drumingtopbanana wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:16 pm 5B292DD5-3CD6-4AF4-AF95-8073BBB50704.jpeg
So my journey today was mainly on dual carriageways and a motorway hovering around the national speed limit ;)
Hopefully this gives you an idea of range and economy. I had 40 miles of range left when I got home.
Interesting to see this - i'm in a Sportline 80 and even driving gently and on longer journeys staying on or below the speed limit, i'm seeing 3.2miles per kWH at best.

I've checked the tyre pressures, been running in eco mode... not sure what else to look at to get that number up.

What is anyone else with an 80 or sportline finding?
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

Not really been keeping track of these figures since I last posted on this thread, but had an interesting little insight into what a MASSIVE difference the Clima system has on the guessometer's predicted range recently!

Got in the car to drive to work in the morning, predicted range = 207 miles.
As soon as I set off, predicted range = 188 miles.
On a dual carriageway doing a steady 50mph and switched the windscreen blower on, predicted range = 177 miles.
Switched the blower off, predicted range = 189 miles.
Switched the Clima off, predicted range = 206 miles.
Switched blower on, predicted range = 177 miles.....repeated several times to confirm numbers.

A couple of observations:
1. With the Clima and windscreen blower on, it wipes 15% off the predicted mileage!
2. It's blimmin' annoying that the Clima switches on by default and you have to manually switch it off after the car turns on.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Estimated range will drop a lot when you switch on climate control as it will be working hard initially to get the interior to the target temperature. When it’s got there and it’s just maintaining the set temperature it will draw significantly less power and the estimated range will improve.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

If you drive on the motorways, you can do better by keeping your speed down.
You can do really well by slipstreaming lorries. Please note, this isn't a recommendation to tail-end lorries.
You can do quite well in a Leaf by setting the ICC to distance 1 or 2 (possible setting is 1 to 3, 1 is a bit too close for me, 3 has little effect)) - I have no idea what setting this would translate to in an Enyaq. It raises the m/kW by about 0.5, in my experience.
I tend to start out slipstreaming until I can see I have clear charge to get to my destination and then pull out and stick to 60 to 63 mph, which seems to be a sweet spot for the Leaf, given no headwind.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

Hergus, does your car have the heat pump fitted?
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
coom80

Post by coom80 »

Hillocklane wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:13 am
Drumingtopbanana wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:16 pm 5B292DD5-3CD6-4AF4-AF95-8073BBB50704.jpeg
So my journey today was mainly on dual carriageways and a motorway hovering around the national speed limit ;)
Hopefully this gives you an idea of range and economy. I had 40 miles of range left when I got home.
Interesting to see this - i'm in a Sportline 80 and even driving gently and on longer journeys staying on or below the speed limit, i'm seeing 3.2miles per kWH at best.

I've checked the tyre pressures, been running in eco mode... not sure what else to look at to get that number up.

What is anyone else with an 80 or sportline finding?
I’m getting almost exactly the same on my 80 Sportline. Occasionally tow a horse trailer, but have a daily motorway commute. I’m happy with 3.2.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
hergus

Post by hergus »

Helijock: no heat pump. Too mild here in Wales to justify the cost. I'm also old school. If its hot open a window, or cold put a coat on.
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post