Upgrading your Enyaq

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have read some VW senior management quotes that I can't find back, otherwise I would have posted a link.

It stated there is no difference to the hardware between ID.4 trim levels (which are structed differently, from the Enyaq), consequently VW plan to offer future digital upgrades to system for example the assist systems. Just activating the function.

Other forums have indicated that this functionality will be via Skoda connect later this year.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

RichR

Post by RichR »

The early press releases imply that _some_ things can be upgraded by dealers later, as these may be purely software defined or require minimal hardware. There are clearly some pieces of hardware not present on some models (for example cameras are absent on models without the relevant park assist pack). Some of the assist systems may only require changing a fitment for a different version with the required sensor, the wiring loom is almost certainly present as on most cars.. Changing suspension to the electronically controlled version is likely possible, but probably time consuming and expensive. However I wouldn't expect to be able to add a front motor to a RWD car or change the battery pack size at a dealership. :)

Given that probably no Enyaq has been back to a dealer for a scheduled service yet, it's highly unlikely they've had much information or training on upgrades yet, or pricing structure. But yes, it does open possibilities for the future.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post