Real world family drive - results

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Anhunedd

Post by Anhunedd »

I've since been made aware of a typical charge curve that takes this into account, but even on that, I should have been seeing 70kW charging dropping only below 50kW at 80% charge. I had 42kW dropping to 30kW as I reached just over 80%. My only other fast charge (on a 50kW charger) maxed at 42kW too, which I put down to the charger, but now I'm not so sure.

jamest

Post by jamest »

@Anhunnedd, how did you find the ACC? Did it work well?
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Anhunedd

Post by Anhunedd »

jamest wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:53 am @Anhunnedd, how did you find the ACC? Did it work well?
Love it. I used to have ACC on a Superb a few years back, but as that was manual, it was only really effective when you could stay in one gear. I didn't have it (and missed it) on my recent Kodiaq (ironically, that was automatic), but on this car it is perfect, as it can control the speed right down to zero.

It is a tiny bit aggressive when it thinks you need to slow down for a speed limit change, and very occasionally it picks up an erroneous limit - I think it spotted a 40mph sign near the motorway at one point, and started to slow down - but as long as you keep alert, it's not that much of an issue just to tweak the speed back up again. I understand there is a setting somewhere which disables the "drive to speed limits" anyway, so you can retain full control if you want. It also doesn't detect the overhead gantry speed limits, but I just used the lever to nudge down 5mph as I approached a reduction, then down another 5mph as I reached it, and of course back up again when exiting restrictions. As you approach a queue, the car just happily slows down with the vehicle in front, and then just drives itself along when stuff ahead moves. It even does some self steering on the plus pack - you can't quite sit back and relax, as it does nag if you remove your hands from the wheel, but you only need a light touch. Certainly a mile away from having to steer, accelerate, brake and change gears manually when driving a queue.

And the car just breezes along effortlessly at a steady 65mph (my choice of speed vs efficiency) on clear stretches - even if you slow down as you approach something, when you indicate to overtake, it speeds back up to pull out, and you can always give it a blip on the throttle to go a bit quicker temporarily - it resumes the preset speed once you stop accelerating after the overtake. Didn't notice any reduction in efficiency while using it either.

I've also tried it on winding roads and it works fine. It even uses the satnav database to slow down for upcoming sharp bends in advance (a little message appears on the screen). I wouldn't use it all the time, but when you are just following someone in front, or have to drive 10 miles with one of those average speed restrictions, it makes things a lot more relaxing just to let the car glide along to your maximum preset speed.
jamest

Post by jamest »

Excellent, thanks for the detailed feedback.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Drumingtopbanana

Post by Drumingtopbanana »

49B31EE8-2044-4657-B86A-75CF1F6E7ED0.jpeg

My journey today on A and B roads. Cannot complain about the consumption
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Funky looking background
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post