Enyaq Ride Quality / Suspension

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

It’s not the first report of transport blocks being left in I’ve seen (not just Skoda). You can guarantee there’s a tick box on the pre-delivery inspection checklist that someone hasn’t carried out properly.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

antmumford

Post by antmumford »

Blimey, so glad I've seen this post. My rear suspension thuds through the back chassis going over any pothole so as I'm taking the car in to get the brakes looked at (they crunch and squeak loudly every time I come to a stop) I'll get them to check this too.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Is it possible to see the blocks without raising or removing a wheel.

I get an obvious knock when going over any sort of pothole so would like to check before contacting the dealer.

The only jack I have available is a two tonne trolley jack (cheap Aldi jobby) that I am nervous about using both from a weight and jacking location point of view.

I have tried to see and feel around the back of the wheel while it is sat on the ground but not been able to come to any conclusion.
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
jamest

Post by jamest »

Have you seen the photos earlier in this thread? They show where the blocks will be. It looks like you can just reach over the top of the wheel and pull down the black sheath to check.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Pict

Post by Pict »

jamest wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:10 am Have you seen the photos earlier in this thread? They show where the blocks will be. It looks like you can just reach over the top of the wheel and pull down the black sheath to check.
I had a half hearted attempt but was unable to even feel the gaiter.

Maybe my arms are too short :D
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
zice

Post by zice »

there are no transport blocks on the Enyaq's rear suspension, only in front.
So all knocks, clanks that most users hear, have to come from somewhere else.
dereks

Post by dereks »

I've been suffering with poor ride comfort for ages so jacked up each front wheel this afternoon to find out if I have the transport blacks still fitted.

Well it appears the dealer left 2 blocks in on both sides.

Nearside passanger sidde.jpg

Offside drivers side.jpg

So 4 blocks in total

Four Block removed.jpg

removing them has made such a difference to the ride quality. Much more in keeping with a modern car..!

I've sent a strong worded email with photos to my dealer.. lets see what I get back. Really not happy, what damage could this of done to the shock absorbers.?
Artic Silver IV60 20" Alloys, suite, 100KW,
family, climate, convenience, transport, lights, drive sport, assisted drive, parking packs.
Octopus Energy share.octopus.energy/vivid-cub-951
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Wow, I remember this happened years ago to an old BMW I owned.

Absolutely hideous, suggested it to the dealer and they denied, took the car in for a check and found NO FAULTS, car came back a different car to drive. Suspect they removed the blocks and denied it.
dereks

Post by dereks »

sw1000 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:27 pm Wow, I remember this happened years ago to an old BMW I owned.

Absolutely hideous, suggested it to the dealer and they denied, took the car in for a check and found NO FAULTS, car came back a different car to drive. Suspect they removed the blocks and denied it.
That's the reason I took photos and took them out. They cannot deny the fact as I have the evidence.!

The car rides so much more smoothly... it's made such a difference..

Lets see what the dealer says tomorrow..!
Artic Silver IV60 20" Alloys, suite, 100KW,
family, climate, convenience, transport, lights, drive sport, assisted drive, parking packs.
Octopus Energy share.octopus.energy/vivid-cub-951
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Is there any way to check without jacking up the car? Don’t have a jack!
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post