Enyaq Ride Quality / Suspension

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Hi All;

Since taking delivery of my new Enyaq I have been a bit underwhelmed by the Ride Quality, which was(to put it kindly) HARD !

I raised this on another Skoda Forum (which shall remain nameless) and it was suggested by several contributors that this could
be because the tyres were over-inflated on delivery. It was apparent that this was a common issue.

So. I took tyre pressure readings with my hand-held tyre pressure gauge and that indicated an over-inflation, but to be sure, today I used a calibrated air line at a "local" garage.

The recommended pressures on the label fixed to the car say 2.5bar. 
The car has Hancook 235/55R19 Ventus S1 Euro 3 EV tyres fitted. I checked three tyre retailer sites which show the recommended pressure settings for your 
individual car (you enter your reg. number) and they all indicated a setting of 2.3bar front and rear.

When I took the pressures (front and rear) on the calibrated air line it showed that each tyre was inflated to just over 2.7 bar.

I reduced the pressures all round to 2.5 and re-set the TPMS to the new values. 

On my way back from the garage (about 7 miles along country lanes) I noticed a significant improvement in ride quality.
Sure, the Yorkshire potholes make themselves felt as do ridges across the road, but I didn't feel that I was running into things like before.

I will probably leave the settings at 2.5bar for now as that is in line with the Skoda in-car sticker but at least I have another 0.2 bar to play with if  more regular use shows
less improvement than I experienced on my way back home.

I have advised the Dealer.

Sorry if I have gone on a bit but despite all of the above I do like the car which came in the colour of my supported football team !

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Good tip, thanks. My Enyaq will have the 21” wheels which I’ve heard give a more harsh ride so lowering the over-inflated tyre pressure closer to where it should be, might be the remedy (if mine does turn out to have this issue).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Might be they have overinflated them to prevent them getting flat spots if they’ve been sat waiting any amount of time. Sounds like dealers should be reducing them as part of PDI/PDC process. Well done for spotting it and letting us know.
harkonen

Post by harkonen »

ye thanks for the update Bacarelle it is just one more thing as a community we have to figure out no thanks to SKODA :shock : :lol:
Ordered 22 May 2022 IV 60 lounge. 100kw charger upgrade, Quartz Grey, Assisted driver pack plus, Driver sports pack, Climate pack plus, Family pack, and a couple of other bits and pieces.
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Solved !!!!

Update on my Enyaq’s hard ride issue.

Previously lowered the tyre pressures from the incorrect 2.7 bar (the pressures set on the car when it was collected from new at the dealer) to the 2.5 bar shown on the car sticker.

That improved the ride a bit but still not happy so I booked the car into the dealer so that the suspension could be checked.

Took it in today and was told that the “suspension settings” needed to be changed as the original settings were set to run at “hard”.

Once that had been done it was a different driving experience and I no longer feel like I am hitting a concrete block when meeting a pothole or trench !

An interesting comment was made about adjusting the ride quality between Sport, Comfort, Eco etc but on my Enyaq that facility isn’t available.

My guess is that on Enyaqs without ride quality selection, the ‘factory setting’ is probably Sport (the hardest setting) which might be fine for race tracks but doesn’t suit my local holy rural roads.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I thought they all had at least a basic selection of ‘comfort, Eco, Sport’ for example? I’m beginning to wonder now if my one won’t have any settings, as I’ve not specified any functions like this. Is yours a 60 or an 80?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Rumney

Post by Rumney »

I’ve has my Enyaq 60 for 2 days now. I didn’t spec the optional pack (which included mode selection, regen paddles, choice of 2 or 3 spoke steering wheel etc) for about £285 in the UK as I had mode selections in my previous vehicle (Kodiaq) and I didn’t even know it had it until a day before I part exchanged it for the Enyaq. I have looked around the settings and I can’t find any reference to Mode Selection - nor does my Enyaq have a physical Mode button. I guess that Mode Selection is not a basic Enyaq function and has to be optioned - at least not in the UK.

I have read reviews saying that you can hardly tell the difference between modes anyway so I don’t regret my choice and am more than happy with the stock setting in my car.
Enyaq iV 60 with Lodge interior, Metallic paint (Arctic Silver), 19” Regulus Anthracite alloys, Heat Pump for battery, 100W DC charging, Parking Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light & View Package Basic and Panoramic Sunroof
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Hi Lixorb;

The choice of ride modes is not a feature of the 60 which I have and has to be purchased as an option.
However, as I previously mentioned, there is a suspicion that all the Enyaqs come with that feature but it is only
activated if you opt for the relevant option (at a price).
Otherwise, my experience leads me to believe that the "Sport" or "Hard" option is the default. Unless you get the dealer to
make the necessary adjustment (as I did).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It might be nice to find out if they meant they changed software settings, or changed physical settings (eg a spring seat position).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Onion

Post by Onion »

Hi Bacarelle.
I find your post about solving your problem very interesting, as I also find my iV 60 to be too hard. My car has not the option of dynamic suspension, so if there still is a possibility of softening the ride, it would be great. After reading your post I have asked my dealer about this, and are waiting for an answer. Would it be possible for you to ask the garage what they actually did to your car? Could it be that they only removed the transport blocks, and were reluctant to inform you about this, as it would be admitting to forgetting this before delivering the car.

Greetings from Norway :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post