Home Charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Drumingtopbanana

Post by Drumingtopbanana »

My car was delivered this afternoon none and I must say it looks the nuts, pictures to follow.

The car came with 98% battery and after a couple of drives in it , it went down to 94%.
I put it on charge from my 7kw pod point , but when I checked the charging speed on MySkoda app it was only showing 3kw.

So my question is, does the home charger act the same way as a fast charger when a battery is nearly full and ramp down with kw charging speed.

RichR

Post by RichR »

It's the car that determines the charging speed, not the suppling device. There have been some recent posts about getting less than 7kW on an AC charge - I can't remember what the outcome was though.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

It was at 94% and you put it on charge?
Drumingtopbanana

Post by Drumingtopbanana »

Alzinho wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:33 am It was at 94% and you put it on charge?
I did as I needed a full charge for my journey today.
m0re85

Post by m0re85 »

Hi,

I got the same issue the first time I charged it at home. There is an option to reduce power consumption when charging in AC. Make sure you disable it. Then you can charge at maximum charger speed.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

When was you Pod installed, and does it have the Fuse Saver function activated when it was installed ? Only reason I ask is this will limit the chargers output if you have high load items on in the home while charging oven/induction hob to limit the risk of overloading your mains fuse.

Have you managed to get anything above 3kW while charging at home yet ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post