New video - interview with an Enyaq owner.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Just seen this ‘Nobby on Cars’ interview with an Enyaq owner.

Some interesting topics discussed (and I’m now even more paranoid about scratching my 21” Betria alloys when my Enyaq arrives, especially as work colleagues are entitled to drive my car :( )

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Drumingtopbanana

Post by Drumingtopbanana »

Interesting watch, especially about his comments regarding the 100kw charging
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Yes most interesting for me was the 100 km/h v 120 km/h = 5 Kw/h per 100km saved.
I went for standard charging.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've played with finding the optimum speed on motorways in my Outlander - it's surprising how much more range you can get by just dropping 5mph. The Enyaq is pretty aerodynamic for its size (I think Bjorn Nyland found it more efficient than the ID.4 at speed because of this) but above 40mph on any car, air resistance is the main thing you're using power to overcome.

If you're not in any hurry, stick with the trucks at 56mph/90kmph on adaptive cruise. Makes for a less stressful journey too if you're not constantly pulling out to overtake too. :P
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

The one thing I specified but wish I hadn't is the flappy paddles to control the regen. They are, for me at least, a waste of time and money. The car has two basic regen modes: "Automatic" - which is selected in D mode and is pretty good - and full regeneration when B mode is selected. The latter takes a little getting used to and gives as close to one pedal driving as I would want. You usually have to just touch the brake pedal to actually bring the car to a halt in normal driving although for a sudden stop you do need to use the brake more firmly. The paddles only adjust the regen in the Automatic (D) mode and then only after you've taken your foot off the accelerator. As soon as you touch either accelerator or brake the regen reverts to automatic. I had assumed they would set the regen at say level 2 (out of 3) which would operate until you adjusted it up or down but no, to use it at all effectively you are twitching the paddles all the time. My wife and I have both got into the habit of driving in B mode all the time. Try before you buy.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post