Battery status on infotainment screen

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Velondon

Post by Velondon »

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to display the battery status, range etc on the infotainment screen? The readout on the Dash is so small as to be useless (and I have good eyesight) and sadly I didn't spec the HUD! I doubt anyone who need reading glasses would be able to even see much of the Dash info.

Our Peugot e208 has the ability to display the battery status on the infotainment so it seems odd that the Enyaq does not allow for this.

Also is it possible to customise the info shown on the Dash readout? Again the Peugeot allows for a number of preset displays and a custom option. I've had a good dig into the settings but cannot seem to find an option for this.

Thanks.

IMG_2906.jpg

Robertsenyaq

Post by Robertsenyaq »

Yes you select vehicle from the main menu screen , then there’s a list of icons down the right hand side . I think it’s the top one “ charging “.
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

This is an area thats pretty poor I think. There should be a proper screen (and Homescreen Widget) showing Battery State and all the other stats like you see on other cars.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

But aren’t those a bit gimmicky? Surely all we need to see is battery percentage and predicted range ? Animations showing electron flows and wheels turning look very slick but don’t actually really tell you anything.
We already have the little green/blue bar on the dash which indicates when regen occurs, or when the motor is consuming energy.

Perhaps I’m just getting old !!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
orrery

Post by orrery »

Goaty wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:18 am But aren’t those a bit gimmicky? ...
I'm completely with you. I also don't see why I need a screen that rotates the car on every scroll to access settings. My granddaughter loves it - I'm sure that she'll disable the brakes when I'm not looking :o

The access to critical information shows the maturity of VW group in making EVs. I can guarantee Nissan's Ariya will have all this info to hand when it arrives this year.

There's a lot of arrogance with motor manufacturers thinking that they can just turn on EV production and compete with companies that have been doing it for 10 years.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post