Charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
sopnjs

Post by sopnjs »

Probably stupid questions but:

1. If I order the (125Kw), it comes with CCS charger enabling me to fast charge. Can I still charge using a home 7kW connection (type 2)? That is, will the 125Kw CCS version only be able to be charged through a CCS connector or will it also enable home charging through a normal 7Kw wall charging unit?

2. If I order the normal max 11KW charging Type 2 connector version, when on long journeys I will have to wait a long time for charging i.e 6 hours if at max 11Kw.

Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

The 125kW option only affects the rate of charge when the CCS connection is made, improving it from 50kW. The type 2 charging is unaffected.

All CCS chargers have their own tethered cable and connector so you do not need to supply any hardware.

You will however typically need your own cable to connect to Type 2 chargers.

I hope that helps?

This link might help: https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/c ... rs-speeds/
sopnjs

Post by sopnjs »

Thank you Powerstar. I read here that max charge is 11Kw for Enyaq without CCS charger; limited due to AC having to convert to DC. So if do not order the 125Kw option the fastest I can charge at home or at charging points is 11Kw - is that correct?
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

The standard Enyaq is fitted with 50kW CCS which you would be able to use at charging points.
At home, most domestic supply is limited to 7kW capacity wall charger for the Type 2 (in UK). If you have a 3-phase supply, which is rare, then you can achieve above 7kW I believe.
Pict

Post by Pict »

sopnjs wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:49 pm Probably stupid questions but:

1. If I order the (125Kw), it comes with CCS charger enabling me to fast charge. Can I still charge using a home 7kW connection (type 2)? That is, will the 125Kw CCS version only be able to be charged through a CCS connector or will it also enable home charging through a normal 7Kw wall charging unit?

2. If I order the normal max 11KW charging Type 2 connector version, when on long journeys I will have to wait a long time for charging i.e 6 hours if at max 11Kw.
The standard Enyaq comes with both DC CCS charging and AC type 2. You do not select one or the other. What your option is though is to uprate the CCS charging from 50kwh to either 100 or 125 (60 or 80). The type 2 is totally unaffected by this upgrade. You still have both systems.

Depending on which type of charger you are connecting to dictates which connection/cable you would use. The CCS connections have the cable attached to the charger (tethered) but the AC type 2 requires you (99% of the time) to provide your own cable which comes with the car as standard
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
sopnjs

Post by sopnjs »

Thank you everyone who answered my questions and especially Pict for explaining- it makes sense and I am relieved that I have both systems effectively so can charge up to 50kwh even without the upgrade.

What a fantastic forum giving me the answers I could not find elsewhere with any clarity.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post