FREE Charging Points!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I know that there are plenty of informative sites mapping all manner of charging points. I find them overwhelming even with filters applied. I’ve recently stumbled across two free to use points which were working and were available at that time. So, if it is permissible and within the rules of the forum, I thought it might be useful to start a freebie list. Here goes:

BARKERS FURNITURE STORE Northallerton 4 points/bays Rolex chargers free to use when in the store
GIBSIDE NATIONAL TRUST Gateshead I point/bay main car park Rolex charger free to visitors
(Just a note about National Trust properties-the current guidebook does not give any indication that there is a charge point at Gibside so I assume that is the same for any other NT property that has a charge point.)

orrery

Post by orrery »

The big problem with free charge points is that people tend to abuse them. People who can easily charge at home will use free chargers (just because they are free) and that frequently prevents those who really need to charge from gaining access to the charger.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Are these free chargers low power ones?.
What are the time limits on them if any?.
I think < 20kw chargers should be left for hybrids to prevent fuel use but I don't see why they should be free, probably not a good idea and will encourage abuse.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Time limits are as clear as mud. It depends on the location and the operator. Read the signage and plan to be back at the car when charging is completed. People parking on charge points and not charging are not very popular.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

Around West Yorkshire, these are currently free (I think until end of October) - they are 50kW chargers for DC and 22kW for AC, and free for 75 mins, then £10.

https://engie.geniecpms.com

App allows you to track if in use / faulty. Note currently if someone is using, for example, the taxi charing port, then you cannot use the free 50kW or 22kW chargers and vs vs.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Every charge place Scotland point in Dundee & all 7kW Pod Point charges at Tesco stores throughout the UK.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

rugbyant wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:32 pm Around West Yorkshire, these are currently free (I think until end of October) - they are 50kW chargers for DC and 22kW for AC, and free for 75 mins, then £10.

https://engie.geniecpms.com

App allows you to track if in use / faulty. Note currently if someone is using, for example, the taxi charing port, then you cannot use the free 50kW or 22kW chargers and vs vs.

Free until 15 Oct....then 42p per KWh! :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post