Feature removal after purchase

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

RichR wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 am If you go to the bit with the prices and what models it's an option on near the end of the brochure it should have a better breakdown as to what is in each package.
Oddly, this brochure lacks that bit completely.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Don’t let me down, Enyaq ‘sans Traffic Jam Assist’…. I just turned down the opportunity to switch to a Tesla 3, Polestar 2, Q4 e-tron, XC40 Recharge, Merc EQ-A, Ioniq 5 for you !

Have instructed the fleet company we use to proceed with delivery - I’ll not be cancelling on the basis of this feature being removed.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

I suspect it's maybe not a major hassle if it turns out not to be there. For me adaptive cruise was a must, as I get really fed up on my regular long motorway trips when trying following cars that keep changing speed from 65mph to 75mph, but having it when crawling in traffic is less of an essential as it's not such a problem (to me anyway) to just keep moving and stopping (bumping the regen up or down so the car creeps at the right speed). Certainly not like the ankle pain you get in a manual car constantly on and off the clutch, brakes and accelerator.

You never know, it might actually be present after all, given nobody really knows what system implements it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

I took delivery of my Enyaq last week, and thankfully it came with all my chosen options, including the Assisted Drive with the Traffic Assist. My daily commute involves driving on the A406 (North Circular), and A13 or A12, most of which is quite stop start traffic. I have to say that the Traffic Assist is a huge benefit for that kind of driving, and has made a big difference for me, and makes the drive both more relaxing and comfortable. The Traffic Assist is also helping to get decent mileage due to the way it anticipates the traffic slowing and recuperates energy compared to manual braking. Each to their own though, and it may not be as much of a benefit if your regular driving is in different conditions.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ thanks for that - makes me feel so much better (not) 🤣🤣🤣

Yep, know the North (and South Circular) well. Probably only have to use them about 7 or 8 times a year but my regular start-stop trouble spots are M42, M6, M60 and M25 along the Heathrow stretch. I was really looking forward to what seems to be a brilliant feature but will have to live without it for another 5 years at least.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
shunter50

Post by shunter50 »

I took delivery of an Enyaq iV60 last week in France. Not as popular here as in UK so all the features were on it you have been mentioning. It was a stock vehicle so I didn't have any input into the build. In fact, as the salesman was pointing out all the features it did have, I realised just how much vehicles have progressed since I bought my last one (2006).

I've been a Skoda owner for the last 21 years and have always had stock cars. I've not yet yet been disappointed with any Skoda I've owned.

I do sympathise with those of you who do want a specific build though. It must be very irritating and annoying.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

You may be pleasantly surprised. We ordered the "Assisted Drive Package Basic Package" on our iv80, which according to the website included:
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Blind spot detection
  • Crew protect assist
However when it was delivered last monday I found it seems we have the Assisted Drive Package Plus as the following are also fitted:
  • Lane assist plus with traffic jam assist and emergency assist
I don't know if:
a) we are just lucky
b) Skoda are simplfying their extras
c) they are merging extras due to microchip shortages.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

So my fleet company just issued the following statement:

“It was previously incorrectly communicated that Traffic Jam Assist had been removed from the optional Assisted Drive Basic pack for Enyaq iV from Model Year 2022. Traffic Jam Assist, as part of Adaptive Cruise Control, will continue to be provided in the optional Assisted Drive Basic package”

… so now we know 👍
RichR

Post by RichR »

So it is what we thought - it’s part of ACC 🙂
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:12 am So it is what we thought - it’s part of ACC 🙂

Therefore (fingers crossed but not holding my breath) - hopefully one day there might be the option to pay for an upgrade to full Asst. Drive PLUS for those of us who have the Asst. Drive Basic option already. Assuming all hardware for this could be present after all ?

That said, I don’t know where the concept of over-the-air upgrades came from. I think I read it here on this forum but not sure of the basis.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post