Feature removal after purchase

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

RichR wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:43 pm Either way - the ability for a computer to command the car to apply the brakes is already present. If I had access to a parts catalogue that showed the Enyaq, I could look to see if there are different versions of the radar module for example. But it's too new for any free to access ones to have it yet :)
VAG part number 1EA907572G is the radar module sensor for the Enyaq ( and ID3,ID4 and some Audi ). Seems to be the only one listed, no alternatives.

Any variations in operation are done in the control module/computer as you say.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Thanks - so it’s not that module that’s different.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

I have tested it today.

Traffic Jam works fine for me. There is nothing extra to press or select.

If you have ACC active then it deals with traffic all on its own.

Cheers
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I’m beginning to wonder then if Skoda have decided that Traffic Jam Assist should actually only be a ‘Plus’ feature, rather than being part of the Basic package, as there wasn’t really that much extra that the Plus package offered (automatically pulling up and flashing the hazards if the driver becomes unresponsive- but that was about all it offered previously I think, above the Basic package).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Goaty wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:18 pm /\ I’m beginning to wonder then if Skoda have decided that Traffic Jam Assist should actually only be a ‘Plus’ feature, rather than being part of the Basic package, as there wasn’t really that much extra that the Plus package offered (automatically pulling up and flashing the hazards if the driver becomes unresponsive- but that was about all it offered previously I think, above the Basic package).
My suspicion also.

I ordered my car in July and selected the plus option - I remember it being a no-brainer for me. Recently I have been looking at the feature(s) it added and was wondering why I selected it at all - I have a vague idea that when I ordered it contained at least a few items that were not in basic. But as I didn't keep a note of what (the literature/configurator is never going to change, right?) I have no way of being certain.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad I did, now.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've got a vague recollection that Traffic Jam Assist was a Plus only item in some of the earlier brochures, but then it changed. However I only have the July and August brochures to hand to check. This is why I think it'd been a bit of a grey area as to whether it's in Basic or not, and dealers don't really seem to know as the Skoda literature isn't clear.

Certainly now Plus only gets Emergency Assist (a feature I want, due to medical reasons) and Lane Assist Plus (that nobody seems quite sure how it differs from normal Lane Assist).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I have a February copy here, which says, under Assisted Drive Packages:
Looking for added comfort? Adaptive Cruise Control will make long distance driving a breeze. Safety a priority? Blind Spot Detection gives you an extra set of eyes on the road while Crew Protect Assist increases the protection of the front seat passengers. The Plus version adds our comprehensive Travel Assist set of assistance systems and also enables you to enjoy semi-automatic motorway driving
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you go to the bit with the prices and what models it's an option on near the end of the brochure it should have a better breakdown as to what is in each package.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Found an April 2021 one, which does have Traffic Jam Assist in the Basic. But no mention of Lane Assist Plus in either.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

It’s still a complete mystery!!! I think the April brochure would have been what I went by, as I ordered in May.
I’m annoyed at the removal of TJA (if it was ever really even there in the first place ?!) but I do empathise a bit with Skoda. My lease company told me earlier that Skoda are actually one of the better ones for keeping people informed about the issues (believe it or not !!). They said they’ve had lots of complaints recently with vehicles turning up from other manufacturers, with tech missing or different alloys than specified and no notice had been given at all.

I’ve at least been given the option to cancel if I want to even though the car is likely to be delivered very soon! (They’ll still be able to sell it within hours of hitting the forecourt I guess - probably for more than the lease company have negotiated with them).

Seems Skoda are trying….
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post