Feature removal after purchase

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Traffic Jam Assist

Anyone know how to activate it.

I have the Assisted Drive + package on mine and can’t see it listed or mentioned on the infotainment screen to select or activate.

TBH I can’t even see it mentioned in the manual either.
Last edited by chillyboy123 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0

Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Sorry to hear it's being removed, wonder if it will be removed from mine ordered today or the problem is getting better for cars built X months in the future, the pack was available to order where as I saw above it was removed from the configurator.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

chillyboy123 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:55 pm Traffic Jam Assist

Anyone know how to activate it.

I have the Assisted Drive + package on mine and can’t see it listed or mentioned on the infotainment screen to select or activate.

TBH I can’t even see it mentioned in the manual either.

Been googling the Traffic Jam Assist. Seems it activates when you are using ACC and Lane assist and all conditions are met.

I will have to try this out tomorrow. I have been disabling ACC when I hit some traffic jams, so never given the chance to work.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
gavinrobinson35

Post by gavinrobinson35 »

Same here, I have a 60 IV with Assisted Drive package and no Traffic Jam Assist in the settings or in the manual that I can see.
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

gavinrobinson35 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:31 pm Same here, I have a 60 IV with Assisted Drive package and no Traffic Jam Assist in the settings or in the manual that I can see.
Traffic jam assist should be automatic with acc, no setting needed. Where the acc matches the speed of the car in front, if that car stops, so do you.
If you are stopped for more than a few seconds, you have to tap the accelerator to move again, and that's it.
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

Hi all. My Enyaq is almost on the boat and was ordered with Drive package plus. Have not had any notification of removal of Traffic Jam Assist. On browsing the Handbook is it not the case that ACC will do this job? It states that even if you engage ACC from standstill it will default to 20kph max speed and automatically stop start in traffic until such time as the open road beckons and reset of regulated speed can be done. So could it be this removal is just a tidying of equipment package terms?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Dugaleen wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:33 am Hi all. My Enyaq is almost on the boat and was ordered with Drive package plus. Have not had any notification of removal of Traffic Jam Assist. On browsing the Handbook is it not the case that ACC will do this job? It states that even if you engage ACC from standstill it will default to 20kph max speed and automatically stop start in traffic until such time as the open road beckons and reset of regulated speed can be done. So could it be this removal is just a tidying of equipment package terms?

You might be okay, if you’ve ordered Drive Package Plus; it’s still listed on their website as being included in the Plus version.

The exact wording I received was “ As a direct result of the ongoing semiconductor shortage, Traffic Jam Assist has been removed from the optional Assisted Drive Package (Basic) fitting on the Skoda Enyaq iV from model year 2022. The delivered vehicle will be the final spec. Traffic Jam Assist will not be retrofitted. Vehicle pricing remains unchanged”.

Maybe they have access to some TJA semiconductors and are reserving them for the Plus version - or the cynic in me thinks that they’ve realised they included too much functionality in the Basic version and going forwards, will only include TJA in the Plus version. 🤔
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It does seem strange, as the functionality for Traffic Jam Assist (to me anyway) sounds like a software function of ACC, not requiring any extra hardware. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps it is able to hold the car on the brakes whilst stopped. But given the traction control side of things is able to apply pressure to brake calipers at will, that could perhaps be done in software too (ie command the braking ECU to apply or release the front brakes over CANBUS). Or perhaps it's a different radar or camera module to allow fine control at much closer distances as you'd have when stopped in traffic?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

Sorry guys. I have made a mistake. I have actually ordered Drive Package Basic so maybe I will just wait and see. And maybe Auto Hold could be used once vehicle is stationary.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Either way - the ability for a computer to command the car to apply the brakes is already present. If I had access to a parts catalogue that showed the Enyaq, I could look to see if there are different versions of the radar module for example. But it's too new for any free to access ones to have it yet :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post