Tow Bar Preperation

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Brink are offering towbars for the Enyaq now, I think they have 3 types available plus a suitable wiring kit.

They also have towbars for the ID4 but these have different part numbers, so I'm assuming they are not interchangeable ?
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

ph2021

Post by ph2021 »

Having been very happy with my first Skoda - a Kodiaq - for the last 4 years, I am interested in moving to an EV and looking at the Enyaq but can't find any good information about the factory-fitted towbar spec. I only use a towbar for mounting a bike rack but with heavy e-bikes the most important thing is the maximum nose weight that the towbar can support. Has anyone come across a spec for the nose weight on the Enyaq? Thanks in anticipation...
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

ph2021 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:24 pm Having been very happy with my first Skoda - a Kodiaq - for the last 4 years, I am interested in moving to an EV and looking at the Enyaq but can't find any good information about the factory-fitted towbar spec. I only use a towbar for mounting a bike rack but with heavy e-bikes the most important thing is the maximum nose weight that the towbar can support. Has anyone come across a spec for the nose weight on the Enyaq? Thanks in anticipation...
75kg vertical weight on the tow bar
Stunts

Post by Stunts »

Hi all, sorry for the post resurrection. I have an Enyaq on order (a 60) with towbar prep specified. Has anyone had a towbar fitted, either third party or Skoda please? If so, how much was it please?
Ta
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Glad you bumped this post Stunts.

I'm in process getting one fitted right now, but theirs little availability at the moment, fitters are saying they cant get the bars. I’ve just ordered a vertical detachable Brink one and now I’m informed its got to be a diagonal one instead because its all that’s available and this just a few days after placing a deposit. But anyway, from watching demo video's I cant see much difference between diagonal, vertical or horizontal detachable bars.

What I want to know is if an adapter going down from 13 pin to 7 pin will work ?
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Yes an adaptor13>7 will work well, Skoda sell one but Amazon have them at half Skoda's price.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Thanks perchede for that information :)
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
Onners

Post by Onners »

Can anyone offer me some advice on towbar prep please? I'm looking to pick a 80x soon, I've managed to find one that is available and the exact colour and spec we would want but the vendor says it hasn't had the towbar prep, now it'd be a shame to miss this opportunity over a sodding towbar. I noticed someone here mention that all 80s have the towbar prep? Is anyone able to confirm this as I'm confused why it would be a selectable option on the website for the 80x if it's already there?

Aslo are heat pumps worth it or a deal breaker either way??

Thanks in advance
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Onners wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:34 pm Can anyone offer me some advice on towbar prep please? I'm looking to pick a 80x soon, I've managed to find one that is available and the exact colour and spec we would want but the vendor says it hasn't had the towbar prep, now it'd be a shame to miss this opportunity over a sodding towbar. I noticed someone here mention that all 80s have the towbar prep? Is anyone able to confirm this as I'm confused why it would be a selectable option on the website for the 80x if it's already there?

Aslo are heat pumps worth it or a deal breaker either way??

Thanks in advance
Simply look at the VIN plate - on lower B pillar on drivers side. If the vehicle hasn't got the towbar preparation, or towbar fitted it wont show a GTW (Gross Train Weight) on the VIN plate. The 2nd line down will be missing.
Also if its its missing it wont legally be allowed to tow anything.

Mine shows 3500kg as I have towbar fitted :-

20220315_192545.jpg

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Onners

Post by Onners »

Really appreciate that thanks.