Tow Bar Preperation

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I found this on the official Finnish Skoda accessories website, but cant find anything similar on the UK-site.
https://shop.skoda.fi/tuote/55776394/5l ... 27989971/1

Tow-hook can be retroapplied, even if no hook preparation was installed before. In addition to purchasing the hook, you need cabling kits 5LA055204 and 5LA055204A.

gap998

Post by gap998 »

tiger tony wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:39 pm
Simply look at the VIN plate - on lower B pillar on drivers side. If the vehicle hasn't got the towbar preparation, or towbar fitted it wont show a GTW (Gross Train Weight) on the VIN plate. The 2nd line down will be missing.
Also if its its missing it wont legally be allowed to tow anything.

Mine shows 3500kg as I have towbar fitted :-
20220315_192545.jpg
The Enyaq has been homologated for towing @ 1000kg so should have this information on the chassis plate regardless of tow bar preparation. I've fitted aftermarket tow bar kits to several cars and they've always had the towing data on the VIN plate - It would be very unusual for the Enyaq not to have this - In theory it could be engraved retrospectively provided it complies with the homologation type approval data but worth checking.
Last edited by gap998 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

The fitter who did my tow bar jumped on this issue when I told him it's a BEV. He rushed around until he found the VIN. and said "this cant pull a caravan, its restricted to a ton", I said yeah I know, I only want it for transporting rubbish to the tip in a little trailer.

He understood about my cars 60 battery and its lower power 132 kw motor, as compared to an 80, which can pull a heavier load, but he was pleased to learn the car had 'tow bar-prep' meaning its all connecters and no splicing in to thin wires.

Today I was messing around on the infotainment screen when I discovered somewhere (forgot exactly where now) a box to check to put the car in to trailer mode, so I'm expecting the tow bar fit will work.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I ordered the tow bar and as soon as I deploy the tow bar is deployed it disables rear and I think side assist automatically until it is stowed again.
The check box Tamworth-Pig found must be for cars with prep only.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Tamworth-Pig wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:26 pm The fitter who did my tow bar jumped on this issue when I told him it's a BEV. He rushed around until he found the VIN. and said "this cant pull a caravan, its restricted to a ton", I said yeah I know, I only want it for transporting rubbish to the tip in a little trailer.

He understood about my cars 60 battery and its lower power 132 kw motor, as compared to an 80, which can pull a heavier load, but he was pleased to learn the car had 'tow bar-prep' meaning its all connecters and no splicing in to thin wires.

Today I was messing around on the infotainment screen when I discovered somewhere (forgot exactly where now) a box to check to put the car in to trailer mode, so I'm expecting the tow bar fit will work.
At least your fitter was actually clued up on his job to go and look at the VIN and understood the limits. Top marks.

With the towbar prep all the cabling and towbar control module are ready installed and all the software coded ready. All you have to do is install the mechanical towbar and plug in the extra cable for the 13pin towing socket. Should be an easy job for any good fitter.

The vehicles software senses when a trailer is plugged into the socket and will temporarily disable any side assist/blind spot detection and rear parking sensors. It will also automatically increase the regen when braking too, and initiate sway control as well on your vehicle.
You can also set the satnav to enable a trailer to be included in route calculation - ie trailer speed limits and very narrow lanes !

if you have the rear camera option as well, there is an extra guide line available on the screen to help you when reversing to hook up the trailer.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

My advice to anyone ordering now is, if you want a Tow Bar get the factory fold away option, I wish I'd done so, cant remember why I didn't, maybe it wasn't an option on a 60 and the prep was all that was allowed without buying the 80 battery.

I do remember the pretty looking configurator showing options in colourful pic's though; and unless you took trouble to read the listings for the options, it was impossible to build a real car, because as soon as the dealer read your "build your own car choice" he'd say "choice not allowed because you have or have not this or that particular options pack" it felt like; does this car brand want me to buy a car from them ? or are they trying to drive me away or some strange reason. But then again... with my faithful old 03 PD Passat I'd not set foot in a car dealership for purchase or service in18 years, I was a bit rusty even if the Passat hand not a spot of rust on it :mrgreen:
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The configurator was misleading for the 60. It did not allow the addition of the tow-bar prep and tow-bar.
I showed the dealer and he said when he orders the car he would add it if necessary. He did without extra charge.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
gap998

Post by gap998 »

Perchede wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:54 pm I ordered the tow bar and as soon as I deploy the tow bar is deployed it disables rear and I think side assist automatically until it is stowed again.
The check box Tamworth-Pig found must be for cars with prep only.
On my C4 Picasso, I had to to take the car to the dealer to get the towing mode switched on (I think it cost me £60. This switched on a towing stability program for the ABS and auto disabled the parking sensors & fog light. However, all the plugs were there under the boot floor already for using a dedicated electric kit.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22