Enyaq options to choose

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Phil-Enyaq

Post by Phil-Enyaq »

For the last 4 years I’ve been driving a VW Passat GTE. It’s time to order my next company car, I’m leaning towards the Enyaq. I’m UK based and my car use falls into three categories. 1) work commute, 80miles each way, all motorway. 2) holiday trips, typically around 130miles each way, country lanes through the hills of snowdonia. 3) general local journeys. I’m leaning towards the Enyaq 80, looking at EV database this should allow a two way commute on a single charge and the one way holiday journeys on a charge.

Question, would people’s experience show such trips can be done on a single charge throughout the seasons?

In terms of options, what are peoples views of the heat pump option.

Question, I know we haven’t yet had a winter in the UK since the Enyaq launch, but do people have views around the affect on range with the heat pump in the winter?

In terms of the 125KW charging options England seems to be getting more chargers that could support this charge rate. North Wales is mostly 22KW max.

What are peoples thoughts on fast charging?

what other options should I consider?

I’ve managed to arrange a 5 day test drive later this month. I’ll be testing the range during this trial.

Thanks for any feedback in advance

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

I think the jury may still be ‘out’ regarding how useful the Heat Pump will be. We probably need a full 12 month user-cycle to understand whether it really makes much of a difference.

If you have others travelling with you regularly, then Climate Plus might be a good option to consider, as it gives heated seats all round (not the rear middle seat) and it’s apparently less of a battery drain to heat seats rather than the whole interior - without too much detriment to comfort.

The 80 you’re considering includes a rear camera which is certainly useful on a car this size. It’s an option on a 60.

Assisted Drive Basic and Plus will give you blind spot monitoring which is a handy safety feature and as far as we’re aware on this forum, both will automatically adjust the speed of your car, according to the speed of the vehicle in front.

Fast Charging is likely to become more common over time, so certainly being able to get 80% capacity in around 30 to 40 mins will be useful.

Other options are generally cosmetic or luxury features (like colours, interior material, alloy style, fancy lights, electric seats, HUDs etc).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Personally unless you plan k. Running the car below 15% battery before charging the 125kW charging capability is a waste imo !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

It would appear a recent VW update has increased charging speed from 100 to 120 kW (relevant for the 60). and it is suspected the 125 will increase to 175 . This makes the charging upgrade a nice future-proof option. There is an interesting video on an updated 100kW ID3 here and it shows an even higher charge speed at low battery %

Phil-Enyaq

Post by Phil-Enyaq »

Thanks for the responses so far. All useful information
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Hi there

As people have said, tricky to call on the heat pump, but having paid for it, I'm hoping it's great!

On range, I've done 2500 miles so far in my iv80, with a mixture of shorter commutes (50 round trip) and trips away - Cornwall, South Coast, East Anglia, West Wales

Based on this N Wales would be a stretch with no top up (as you'll probably also have extra weight like family and/or kit with you:), but would just require a quick stop for coffee on the way out and/or back to keep yourself topped up. It's a bit of a different mindset to an ICE car - a quick top up while you are in for a loo or coffee stop, maybe extended by a few minutes for extra peace of mind and away you go.

And I don't have fast charging

Remember the vast majority of your charging will be at home. It hasn't taken long for my range anxiety to disappear, with a bit of planning using a good tool like zap map or abrp, even charging deserts like the end of Cornwall proved no problem

Oh, and get yourself a 3pin charging cable, at least 10m long, so you can 'borrow' electricity if you are staying with friends or at a holiday cottage

On the other options, I am really impressed with the assisted drive basic. Not sure the advanced gives you much more for the money

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post