Enyaq IV 60 Energy Blue Nav Suite - Arrived Today!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gavinrobinson35

Post by gavinrobinson35 »

Perchede wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:07 am My Enyaq , delivered mid June, Has Software 0792 and Display software 106. So your version is slightly later but not the newest.
Is there an option to update it yourself or is it a dealer job?

RichR

Post by RichR »

It's an over the air update. The car will let you know when it's got an update waiting to apply. Smaller updates just happen without you knowing, but the big ones may require the car to be undriveable for a couple of hours so they won't apply unless you tell it to (when the car is shut down and locked).

The big update that Perchede is asking about has just been rolled out to the VW ID.3 and ID.4, so we're waiting to see when Skoda will push out their version as it's based on the same software. The updates are targeted by VIN, and the car only checks to see if there's one for it once a week, so you can't force it to update unless Skoda want your car to update. However dealerships do have a way to manually update software if required.

However as far as we know, Skoda haven't released anything newer yet in terms of the Infotainment and Travel Assist software which is what the VW ones mainly had.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

If Skoda follow the VW path they will email you. You must reply consenting to the update and your VIN when be added to the list.

The only update that has been sent out widely is to Navigation from 21.5 to 21.7.
The software for the hardware update I think is identical. The separate infotainment update is different and includes Skoda customisations as well as catering for the hardware difference.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

The update will come eventually to Skoda, but I wouldnt assume it will just 'happen' like with VW. CARIAD seem to produce the software for VW group and one would assume now the subsidiaries using it, like VW and Skoda, but in recent IAA 2021 videos from CARIAD they talk a lot about ID cars but dont seem to mention sister brands, so I dont know if Skoda have some in house developers that take the CARIAD software and updates and repackage it for the Enyaq. If they do then there could be quite some delay to Skoda getting any updates that we see on the ID cars. Hopefully its all handled by CARIAD and they plan to update all MEB platform cars on the same or similar schedules.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I doubt that it needs repackaging, as the version numbers for the H20 hardware both show have S/W versions that are identical. It is probable that Skoda will need to update the badged infotainment screen support to support the hardware update.. The VW intent to sell some updates via the Connect apps also implies prompt rollout to maximise revenue stream.

I did note that that a recent UK delivery had later S/W version numbers (slightly) so my guess is that we will see this first on new deliveries say In Germany due to the longer transit times to the UK.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Perchede wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:15 pm I doubt that it needs repackaging, as the version numbers for the H20 hardware both show have S/W versions that are identical. It is probable that Skoda will need to update the badged infotainment screen support to support the hardware update.. The VW intent to sell some updates via the Connect apps also implies prompt rollout to maximise revenue stream.

I did note that that a recent UK delivery had later S/W version numbers (slightly) so my guess is that we will see this first on new deliveries say In Germany due to the longer transit times to the UK.
Yes, sorry I didn't mean a full repackaging, the low level software will be shared on the MEB platform, up to a certain level where Skoda present it via the screen/buttons differently. It will be this kind of UI/UX level that Skoda will need to adjust. But it will mean that some level of customisation work will need doing. Whether that is Skoda or CARIAD I don't know. If it is CARIAD, you'd expect them to do this in parallel with the VW (and SEAT/Cupra) equivalents, but if it is Skoda then they will likely receive the updates less frequently and then have to apply their changes. CARIADs ultimate aim is to have all group cars using the platform, so you have to think eventually they will handle everything and do the various models in parallel, but from the YouTube video's I saw they did heavily mention ID cars specifically.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post