Delivery mileage

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
JD Fletch

Post by JD Fletch »

Hi all, just a question that had popped into my head whilst chatting to some work colleagues.
But what be classed as acceptable delivery millage for a factory built new Enyaq.
I've had some colleagues who would flat out refuse the car if it had more than 10 miles and some who say up to 50 is ok.
As this is my first brand new car I wondered what actual owners / future owners would consider acceptable.

Wotters

Post by Wotters »

10 is about right
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

It's a good question I looked into, to make sure I wasn't going to be cheated! I've seen this question on a few threads. Some say as much as 200, but it seems all the Enyaqs I know about are being delivered with under 20 miles on the clock.
Apparently cars get driven from one part of the factory to another, or for brief testing, and getting round the various storage car parks. I wonder if, with delays because of chip shortages and storage of cars until they can be completed, we may find a few extra miles added.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’ve had many brand new cars over the last 25 years (company cars). The BMW I’m in now had 8 miles on the clock when I went to collect it from the dealership, not far from where I live. I was lucky that the fleet company chose a local dealership on that occasion but it’s not often the case. My Enyaq will be coming from somewhere over 100 miles away so if they drive it to me, it’ll have at least 100 miles on it. I’ll only go and collect it if I can leave my current car with them (often the case when off-loading an old company car).

That said, a Vectra I had nearly 20 years ago had 250 miles on it by the time it had been driven down from the dealership to my office :-( And the driver had used the cigarette lighter, too !!

Test mileage done at the factory will be around 5 miles. Other mileage comes from driving onto the truck, then at the port across to the car transportation ship, off again at the other end and onto the delivery truck to the dealership (generally).

As it’s your first brand new car, I completely understand that you’d want to get in it, while the mileage is still in single digits. Best thing to do is speak to the dealership! Let them know you’re keen to drive it away from them, rather than have them deliver it.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Mine had 11 miles on when it was delivered on a truck.

My last purchase had 39 miles on it when I collected (Which I wasn't too happy with).
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
JD Fletch

Post by JD Fletch »

The reason this came up early today was because of a video I was sent by the garage showing me my new car. At one point it show the dash, which when looking over it it shows 48 miles on the clock
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

JD Fletch wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:17 pm The reason this came up early today was because of a video I was sent by the garage showing me my new car. At one point it show the dash, which when looking over it it shows 48 miles on the clock
That seems high to me, for a car that’s not been delivered yet. I would definitely ask them why it has so much mileage already. Hope they haven’t been using it as a demonstration vehicle!

Challenge them on it ! You’re THEIR customer, not the other way around ;-)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Mine is at the dealership at the moment, with what appears to be 5 miles on the clock, if I’ve understood this dash properly (they took some photos for me).

I think the 49 miles shown possibly relates to remaining battery range.

They’re delivering it on a trailer, so I suppose it’ll still be on 5 or 6 miles when it arrives next week. Will update accordingly 👍

D27B9557-A206-4CDF-94A4-299C22AD11DE.jpeg

waxy

Post by waxy »

Congrats on getting your car,bet you can't wait for the 4th November to actually drive it, would you show pics when get it.my enyaq 60 suite with regulas alloys the blind pack and 100kw charging in artic silver was ordered in June 2021 hopefully I will hear something soon.
Enjoy 👍
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

I was last day in May for my order and car arrives tomorrow and can take my pick Friday to Monday when I want to collect with all the cherished number plate and finance all dealt with. Dealership phoned yesterday and increased my trade in from mays value by a couple of grand given the rise in used cars. Amazing. Only lost 5k in 3 and a half years on my Karoq.
waxy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:25 pm Congrats on getting your car,bet you can't wait for the 4th November to actually drive it, would you show pics when get it.my enyaq 60 suite with regulas alloys the blind pack and 100kw charging in artic silver was ordered in June 2021 hopefully I will hear something soon.
Enjoy 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post