Pod Point EV poor service

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Giftedlv

Post by Giftedlv »

Hi
Newbie to this forum, but would like to say I have found a lot of the chat very useful.
Have been lucky enough to have a Enyaq 80 suite with a few options made available to me as someone has cancelled there order and so could pick it up this week, but thought I’d better get a home charger installed before collecting the car.
Citygate Slough recommend Pod Point as an installer as Skoda have a national agreement with them.
So far I have found the whole experience with Pod Point very disappointing I have ordered and paid for the unit and filled in and sent of reels of paperwork which by the way they don’t tell you about until they have taken your money!
A week later and many frustrating telephone calls and e mails later, I keep getting told that someone will contact me with an update but they never do!
Really want to collect my car but the way Pod Point are dealing with initial install I think I’ll be waiting some time 😞😞

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I have generally found them ok to deal with - although I wasn’t in a hurry (and my fleet manager had to do the paperwork, so I was spared this chore).

But I have subsequently discovered more work is required on my electrical connections - since having a PodPoint installed yesterday actually.

See the issue I’m having, here :
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=438&p=2447#p2447
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Giftedlv

Post by Giftedlv »

I’d like to comment on the install but as I haven’t had any response from Pod point I’m unable to.
I’m just hoping the installation will go a lot smoother then the ordering/admin process as so far this has proved to be very frustrating.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I'm disappointed to hear that your having issues, it's not how it normally goes ! All I can say is keep on at your Case owner and hound them till you get what you want.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Giftedlv

Post by Giftedlv »

So far disappointed with Pod Point and the service.
My car is waiting to be picked up but over a week since they have taken my order and MONEY 💰 ! But still no further down the line for an install date, numerous e mail’s confirming information already supplied via photo’s etc, Skoda / Pod point you have a national agreement but neither are able to give me any update, this is just the the start of the demand for home charging units for EV’s not sure what will happen when it really picks up.
Looking forward to collecting the car, but so far the process to get the home charger installed via Skoda’s recommended installer is proving very painful.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Call don't email would be my recommendation and get through to your case owner and don't take no for an answer.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

Ordered charger from Pod Point well in advance of EV delivery. Had no problems at all and installer was very amicable. I would say that he had been training 2 guys the previous week as demand was incredibly high at the moment. Perhaps that will ease off due to car delivery delays.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\. I agree - I found them very easy to deal with but that was back in June to be honest… I think they’ve got a lot busier since then, as I needed to call them a couple of times last week and was 5th or 6th in the queue (in June I got straight through).

My PodPoint installer was also training an apprentice.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Giftedlv

Post by Giftedlv »

Finally had a site visit today from one of Pod Points elected Electrcian, (funny how after complaining about the poor service to Citygate Skoda and there head of sales getting involved within half an hour of him making a call they couldn’t get here fast enough)
Jordan the Electrcian who came to carry out the survey was very helpful and said he couldn’t see a problem with the installation and didn’t know why the Admin office where emailing request for information that only a trained electrician would know the answer to.
Hopeful over the hill with the poor admin service, and waiting to be contacted to arrange an install time and date.
If the installer is anything like Jordan who carried out the survey it should hopefully go as well as the experience you guys have had 🤞
coom80

Post by coom80 »

Giftedlv wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:05 pm Hi
Newbie to this forum, but would like to say I have found a lot of the chat very useful.
Have been lucky enough to have a Enyaq 80 suite with a few options made available to me as someone has cancelled there order and so could pick it up this week, but thought I’d better get a home charger installed before collecting the car.
Citygate Slough recommend Pod Point as an installer as Skoda have a national agreement with them.
So far I have found the whole experience with Pod Point very disappointing I have ordered and paid for the unit and filled in and sent of reels of paperwork which by the way they don’t tell you about until they have taken your money!
A week later and many frustrating telephone calls and e mails later, I keep getting told that someone will contact me with an update but they never do!
Really want to collect my car but the way Pod Point are dealing with initial install I think I’ll be waiting some time 😞😞
My experience was exactly the same. Seems to be an admin delay. Once they did whatever they needed to do, the installation was within a couple days, but the ~3 weeks of radio silence in between was frustrating.
As for the install, the engineer was brilliant and it was done very professionally. No issues and none so far with the charger
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post