Pod Point EV poor service

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
anotherjohn

Post by anotherjohn »

Ordered 18Nov21 & installed (very neatly by a friendly guy) 25Nov21 in less than 3 hours. He reckoned best to use the schedule from the car & not PodPoint. I was surprised to see that the feed isn't taken from the fuse box, but before & there's a separate isolation switch (to the right of lower picture with vertical yellow sticker). Was recommended not to turn if off while waiting for car to arrive as it won't then be able to receive any updates. Very [pleased. Is it sensible to pay £69 for an extra 2 year warranty?

DSC02413.JPG

DSC02411.JPG

Race blue 60, 100KW, partition net screen, climate basic, convenience, transport, drive basic, assisted drive, parking basic. Collected 23May22

Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Hi anotherjohn, looks good. Just for info, I also have a Pod point installed. When our electricity board arrived to change the meter to Economy he stated that some customers were disappointed that the electricity board could not change meters because of the pod point switch being added to the electricity box which is situated on the outside wall. Our switch is in the Consumer box inside. I reside in Northern Ireland so it may be just Power NI stipulations.
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

A supply would be taken from your board at the last resort splitting the tails is the preferred option for install.

I just installed my own today came of my board to supply the EVDB as it was my preferred route to take.

If you want to switch it off before you get your car you can, once the pods switch back on it will connect to your homes WiFi then download any updates required.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

Hi guys, so I ordered my Enyaq 13th November 21 not sure when it will arrive but gues next year April. My question is should I order my podpoint home charge now or should I wait closer to the date of my vehicle delivery.

Iv60, White, Comfort seat package basic, climate pk basic, convenience pk plus, assisted drive pk basic, parking pk plus and 21", (100kw included with package/built free or standard to every enyaq now)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

anotherjohn wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:29 pm Ordered 18Nov21 & installed (very neatly by a friendly guy) 25Nov21 in less than 3 hours. He reckoned best to use the schedule from the car & not PodPoint. I was surprised to see that the feed isn't taken from the fuse box, but before & there's a separate isolation switch (to the right of lower picture with vertical yellow sticker). Was recommended not to turn if off while waiting for car to arrive as it won't then be able to receive any updates. Very [pleased. Is it sensible to pay £69 for an extra 2 year warranty?

Curious to see that they’ve changed the design. Mine only went in, in September and is the old style.

Do we know if there is any difference in performance or is just aesthetics?

1FC958C4-31F8-4A5C-BFBA-B6EB476AB6C1.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

@Kwesi - It's up to you bud sooner you order the sooner you can have it in place, longer you leave it the likleyhood is you wait alot longer for it to be installed.

@Goaty - Design is the biggest change your Pod will most likely have a 2.2 PCB new ones have a 2.4 only difference is a new WiFi Module as old one no longer made.

New design was "released" late October but are only really beginning to filer through as installs, the new year is where I'm assuming it'll be Solo3 primarily with the odd Solo2 jnstall. I've only fitted 2 so far but have a few in the coming weeks.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

BioHzrd wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 am @Kwesi - It's up to you bud sooner you order the sooner you can have it in place, longer you leave it the likleyhood is you wait alot longer for it to be installed.

@Goaty - Design is the biggest change your Pod will most likely have a 2.2 PCB new ones have a 2.4 only difference is a new WiFi Module as old one no longer made.

New design was "released" late October but are only really beginning to filer through as installs, the new year is where I'm assuming it'll be Solo3 primarily with the odd Solo2 jnstall. I've only fitted 2 so far but have a few in the coming weeks.

Thanks 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Kwesi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:56 am Hi guys, so I ordered my Enyaq 13th November 21 not sure when it will arrive but gues next year April. My question is should I order my podpoint home charge now or should I wait closer to the date of my vehicle delivery…
I ordered mine soon after ordering the car and Pod Point suggested holding off installing until nearer the car’s arrival to maximise the warranty period.

So all the paperwork is done (and paid for) & I will contact them when I know that the car is built and on the way. Given the time it takes to ship from the factory, they should have plenty of time to do the install for me.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

@MikeJL, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it and was the government grant applied to it. Also do you require any doc proving you got EV etc.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Kwesi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:11 pm @MikeJL, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it and was the government grant applied to it. Also do you require any doc proving you got EV etc.
£599 with tethered cable, yes had gov grant, had to give them a copy of the dealer order. Another reason to go early is they may pick up an issue with your electric supply, which gives you time to sort out.

My neighbour’s supply was looped out of our meter box & we had to get that sorted by our network supplier, others have reported needing their main fuse upgrading. Fortunately the network suppliers don’t charge for this sort of work, & mine were very quick to get the supplies separated (Western Power).
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post