Pod Point EV poor service

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Dorsetandy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:04 am Looked at Pod Point and other suppliers of EV chargers - did not like the idea of paying the whole cost upfront, submitting photos and then waiting for installation with all the uncertainties of whether it was a standard fit or not. I used EV Sync who passed my details to several installers, one was local. This Company came out and conducted an on site survey, provided a written quote the same day which I accepted a few days later. A convenient installation date was agreed and Grant Application forms sent. Installers arrived at the time and date agreed, installed the EV Sync charger, set up the App and checked my grant application. It was only a few days later that the invoice arrived and the installation was paid for, less the Grant. I am very pleased with the whole process which was totally stress free - all I need now is my Enyaq which is waiting at Emden to be shipped to Sheerness.
Your post is perfectly timed. I was just about to ask whether anyone had experience of Sync EV!

I have an Enyaq on order and thought that I should get ahead of the game and look at what is available. I've limited my choices somewhat in that I want the charge point to be as discreet as possible and also to be integrated with solar panels. The Sync EV isn't integrated at the moment but they tell me that if the Load Management Kit is fitted their next software update should introduce that capability.

One thing I have noticed is that some providers are stating that to be eligible for the OLEV grant the installation date should be less than 4 months ahead of the date of the delivery the car. This is a condition that I can't see anywhere on the government OLEV website!

In the current climate I can't see how anyone can state with any certainty that their car will be delivered in this period unless they've been notified that it's sitting on the docks waiting for the next ship!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.

Wotters

Post by Wotters »

Is the PODPOINT company in trouble?

8 chargers that were available at a location I used a lot have been down for nearly 3 months now. They have disappeared from Zap-Map and after several emails to Podpoint basically they keep fobbing-me off and will not tell me the reason they are no longer available. The chargers are still in situe but are switched off. Anyone else have issues whilst trying to use podpoint chargers.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Not sure if you need to tap the card to start charging as never used it so far - tapping the card does produce a beep. You can set a permission to start charge within the App so there is the ability to limit use if desired!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

IanJ wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:36 pm ...One thing I have noticed is that some providers are stating that to be eligible for the OLEV grant the installation date should be less than 4 months ahead of the date of the delivery the car. This is a condition that I can't see anywhere on the government OLEV website!

In the current climate I can't see how anyone can state with any certainty that their car will be delivered in this period unless they've been notified that it's sitting on the docks waiting for the next ship!
I believe the Government changed the rules recently, probably for the reason you've given.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Wotters wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:56 pm Is the PODPOINT company in trouble?

8 chargers that were available at a location I used a lot have been down for nearly 3 months now. They have disappeared from Zap-Map and after several emails to Podpoint basically they keep fobbing-me off and will not tell me the reason they are no longer available. The chargers are still in situe but are switched off. Anyone else have issues whilst trying to use podpoint chargers.
Where would these be mate ? Are the charger all within the same carpark ?

Trust me they arn't in trouble BPs whole network was down for a week :roll:

https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/ne ... wer-surge/
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

Yes. All in the same car park. Aldi Weymouth. Aldi know nothing about them and they have been out of action for nearly 3 months. I have sent several emails to both Aldi and podpoint but even though they have replied they cannot tell me the problem or if and when they are coming back total joke.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Well if they have been down for three months they have clearly been isolated for a reason. The rest of the PodPoint network is still up and working so its a very, very, very small issue in the grand scheme of things.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Philh

Post by Philh »

I thought I was lucky that Skoda recommended Power Point and also my energy supplier Octopus use them too. Apparently the Power Point box speaks to the Octopus smart meter and I get cheaper electricity. Has anyone any experience of this? Has anyone had their Pod Point fitted through Octopus energy?
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I didn't go *through* Octopus energy, as I moved to Octopus as I was organising Pod Point. Like someone else, I was initially concerned about paying up front, before a survey, so I paused my order. Pod Point contacted me to move the order forward, as companies do, and I explained why I hadn't completed.

They were then very helpful indeed at advising on how to get everything ready - switch to Octopus and then switch to the Go tariff (in two steps), get my meter fuse changed, and get my earthing checked. This gave me confidence to move forward, and the actual install went very smoothly. I am just waiting for my car now, which I collect Tuesday.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Wotters wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:56 pm They have disappeared from Zap-Map and after several emails to Podpoint basically they keep fobbing-me off
There are 4 available at our local Sainsbury's and you are lucky if 1 works in 3 months. Multiple emails to PodPoint get a response that they are aware and are sorting. The store have got so fed up with people complaining that they have stuck notices on the chargers informing users that PodPoint are aware and there is nothing they can do. There are Tescos in the 2 nearest towns (10 miles max) both with 100% working PodPoints that I wonder if that does have an effect on where people shop.

They are still on Zapmap and still get "not working" reviews but they are no longer on the PodPoint app so it looks like they have just been abandoned
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post