delivery times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
waxy

Post by waxy »

does anyone no if the production has restarted and how it has affected the delivery times

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Nope Skoda qoute 30 weeks from date of order placement.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
FrankShepherd

Post by FrankShepherd »

We purchased yesterday and were told that we were looking at early June. Apparently orders from that particular dealership that are due in December are looking a bit iffy at the moment due to the continued lack of semiconductors.
MichaelEC

Post by MichaelEC »

Been told by a main dealer that Skoda has stopped production until they can get more silicon chips. My car is stuck in the factory until the chips arrive. It was ordered on 7th June and was supposed to be produced in September on week 37.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

MichaelEC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:25 am Been told by a main dealer that Skoda has stopped production until they can get more silicon chips. My car is stuck in the factory until the chips arrive. It was ordered on 7th June and was supposed to be produced in September on week 37.
Hmmm, just a little while after mine was ordered - and production supposedly started week 36 on my one. I haven’t been advised of a delay yet. Last week my dealership provided me with the VIN number (so I can get my Skoda PowerPass card on order). Are you able to get your VIN / Chassis number ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

FrankShepherd wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:47 pm We purchased yesterday and were told that we were looking at early June. Apparently orders from that particular dealership that are due in December are looking a bit iffy at the moment due to the continued lack of semiconductors.
Was that for a 60 or an 80, out of interest?
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

MichaelEC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:25 am Been told by a main dealer that Skoda has stopped production until they can get more silicon chips. My car is stuck in the factory until the chips arrive. It was ordered on 7th June and was supposed to be produced in September on week 37.
They are stopping next week. They have a national holiday Mon/Tues and are extending the plant shutdown for the rest of the week. Its not stopping indefinitely from what I've seen/read in he media.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, what I'd read too from the Czech media is that they're shutting for 5 days after the national holiday, to make it a week of no production to allow the stock flow situation to get a little better.
It's not just that the semiconductors aren't being shipped from the factories, don't forget that they've got to be put on circuit boards and assembled into modules - these things most likely aren't all done by Skoda at Mlada Boleslav. Some may well be done in Germany if those modules are part of the base MEB platform, possibly by Bosch or someone on behalf of VAG. So they need time for the various stages along the way to build up enough stock to run their production, before the modules get delivered to the factory to be fitted to cars.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Also remember they stop the plant not because they have run out of chips but because they have gone over their ~50k incomplete cars which is the hard limit for plant shutdown. During the shutdown, I think they keep processing the incomplete cars as I think they did that in the last shutdown, as more chips arrive. Then with lower level of incomplete cars, they can start production again the week after.
TomF72

Post by TomF72 »

Order placed for 80 sport line with most options and I’ve been told delivery will take a minimum of 9 months! Not sure I can be that patient :shock:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post