Real installed prices of EV chargers in UK?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

@BioHzd I have plastic water pipe, so no earth bonding, but Gas is bonded & meets your other criteria (house built 1993). Is that going to be OK do you know?
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If you meet what I've explained then it should be OK to go ahead.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Dad

Post by Dad »

Have been informed by the installer that it is a basic install and the higher price is due to being based in the South East and their operating costs are higher.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Very happy with my recently installed Rolec unit £500 installed price after grant (untethered, using the cable that came with the car)

Timed charging to utilise my economy 7, with an app that works, unlike myskoda
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

Maybe too late to change or help decision, but I had an Easee installed by local company for £600 after grant.

They had 8/10 different brands, but went with this one due to the features and future proofness. I originally wanted an Anderson but when he explained how massive it was and that the Easee was the most advanced, that made my decision.

He did cheaper and more expensive options, so wasn’t price led discussion. Great app too.

0CF60D3D-8D8B-4088-8921-3EEBAFF8ECFA.jpeg

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

I'm in the same boat, but I'm looking at the Andersen. It works out twice as much as the others, but any other charger would stick out like a sore thumb where I live. I've got black wood panelling on the front of my house where the charger would go and Amdersen would almost blend in.
It's also neater as the cable hides away.
The other charger I was thinking of is the Zappi as it also come in black and can handle solar Power too (if I choose to get it in the future)
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

The Easee cable is rear or under mounted, so is a very neat option. I have no cables on show.

You can also have the front in 4 colours - actually Tesla colours!

Anderson looks awesome, but I’d advise measuring it on your wall. Deceptively big!
adie.thompson

Post by adie.thompson »

I went with the tethered 7kW Pod Point and I paid the price quoted on the website (£549) as above. I've had it just over a year now as I have a Tesla M3 company car and we are buying the Enyaq for my wife.

The 8m tethered cable is long enough to reach both sides of the driveway so we don't need to play musical cars when we're charging.

Apart from it costing me £150 extra due to covid causing a suspension on installations during which the government kindly reduced the grant, the charger has been faultless and easy to use. An update to the app shortly after installation enabled scheduled charging, so now we just plug in the car when we get home and it charges 00:30-04:30 on the Octopus Go tariff.

Now all we need is the Enyaq to plug into it.
Private Car: iV60 Suite; Quartz Grey; Parking Pack; Chrome Pack; 20" Vega Wheels; Ordered June 2021; Build Week 44; Delivery due 5 January 2022 :D
Company Car: 2020 Tesla M3 Standard Range Plus
chopper85

Post by chopper85 »

I am getting the Hypervolt 2.0 tethered charger installed after reviewing all the chargers out there, it was between that or the Ohme Pro. I found a local installer, all in is costing me £500.

240842616_1733056493561364_2409190586464849053_n.jpg

Last edited by chopper85 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENYAQ IV 80 Sportline • Quartz grey • Convenience pack + • Heat pump • Comfort seat pack + • Assisted drive pack + • Family pack • 125kw charging • Autoglym Vehicle Paint & Fabric Protection (free) • Dash Cam Front and Rear (free)
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Pod Point have just released there new charger with updated design.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post