Speed limiter is a real faff

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Frustrated

Post by Frustrated »

Does anyone else find the speed limiter a real faff. As far as I can see, you have to use the right hand lever to turn on the cruise control / speed limiter and then switch from the former to the latter (which is slightly dangerous as the default is cruise control), then you have to go to the left hand lever actually to activate the speed limiter, and adjust the speed. And you have to do this every time you start the car.

Or is there an easier route?

Thanks for any advice.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I think your description is correct (given my limited experience so far) and not as straightforward as the immediate ‘limit to the current speed’ single press in the Beemer I had, but what I do really like about it, is that once it’s set, it automatically adjusts to speed of the road I’m driving on - so actually less button pressing overall than I had to do in my last car (I’d actually worn the rubber coating off the button in the 5 years I’d had it!)

Took me a while to find the toggle between ACC and Speed Limiter but now I understand this, I think I’ll be able to get on fine with it (on the right hand side of the steering wheel, push the ACC button on the steering wheel, push down on the silver scroll wheel to toggle away from ACC to Speed Limiter, and activate with a pull of the stalk on the left side under the indicator stalk and leave it to do its thing).

I suppose it might get a bit annoying if you want to constantly swap between ACC and Speed Limiter, but I find all cars are like that anyway - so I generally stick with one mode for quite a while. I guess I will use Speed Limiter around town and ACC on motorways.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

What I find is simpler is to speed up to limit and press the travel assist button (if you have it) then speed is automatically adjusted to current limits and steering adjusted where the limes have not faded a lot.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Perchede wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:39 am What I find is simpler is to speed up to limit and press the travel assist button (if you have it) then speed is automatically adjusted to current limits and steering adjusted where the limes have not faded a lot.

If it’s not too much trouble, would you be able to share a photo of the Travel Assist button? I don’t think I have it, but do still appear to have the functionality which goes with it !!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

You've got Assist Drive Basic, so you've got it - steering wheel right hand side, top right button. Looks like a car with lane markings and a speedo. Page 178 in the PDF version of the manual.

Combines ACC with speed limit sign reading and map data to control speed (including slowing for corners and roundabouts etc) with lane assist to keep you in the centre of your lane. You just have to keep your hands on the steering wheel (or at least not let go for too long). Effectively Level 2 autonomy self driving.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Goaty wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 am
Perchede wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:39 am What I find is simpler is to speed up to limit and press the travel assist button (if you have it) then speed is automatically adjusted to current limits and steering adjusted where the limes have not faded a lot.

If it’s not too much trouble, would you be able to share a photo of the Travel Assist button? I don’t think I have it, but do still appear to have the functionality which goes with it !!
No problem - Steering wheel top right.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Ah, thanks. Yes I appear to have the same button but it doesn’t seem to do anything as far as I’ve been able to tell.

I need to do more testing 👍

404B7B89-ED35-48DC-B584-9A3551126290.jpeg

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:00 pm You've got Assist Drive Basic, so you've got it - steering wheel right hand side, top right button. Looks like a car with lane markings and a speedo. Page 178 in the PDF version of the manual.

Combines ACC with speed limit sign reading and map data to control speed (including slowing for corners and roundabouts etc) with lane assist to keep you in the centre of your lane. You just have to keep your hands on the steering wheel (or at least not let go for too long). Effectively Level 2 autonomy self driving.

Thanks RichR- I will have another look but so far, my ACC / speed limiter, TJA (??) appear to activate with the button next to it. The one with ‘brackets’ all around the car (combined with an action on the left hand side bottom stalk)
RichR

Post by RichR »

Top left on the right hand side is the assistance systems menu, then you can use the scroll wheel below it to select things on the screen. Pressing it will turn on the assist systems too I think (ask me in a couple of weeks when mine arrives ;) )

Might be worth having a read of that section of the manual so you can get the most out of these things - I'll be reading it fully again in the next few weeks so when the car arrives I'll know what every button and lever does, where everything is in the boot, and how to adjust everything. :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:38 pm Top left on the right hand side is the assistance systems menu, then you can use the scroll wheel below it to select things on the screen. Pressing it will turn on the assist systems too I think (ask me in a couple of weeks when mine arrives ;) )

Might be worth having a read of that section of the manual so you can get the most out of these things - I'll be reading it fully again in the next few weeks so when the car arrives I'll know what every button and lever does, where everything is in the boot, and how to adjust everything. :D

RTFM ??? Only as a last resort 🤣🤣

Just had a quick spin and that button I circled above does absolutely nothing at all (in my Enyaq); not even any acknowledgement of it being pressed.

I’m able to get to the main functions I need easily enough with the one next to it (which as you say, brings up ACC and Speed Limiter options).

Would be good to know if that button does anything on other Enyaq’s where Asst. Drive Basic was specified.

I still have ACC, automatic speed limiter, Traffic Jam Assist, and what seems to be a very mild form of lane keeping (I’m not brave enough to let go!!!) so everything I expected is there.

As a side comment - nice to see the range increase from 285 to 315 (miles) whilst driving around 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post