Ridiculous waiting times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

Phoebe22 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:37 pm)

To clarify re delivery timeline - the dealer is concerned that if status is still 'accepted for production' at beginning of Feb its unlikely to be ready by end of March.
Hey Phoebe22,

What dealership were you going through? I’ve a feeling they weren’t being 100% transparent with you. I had been in touch with our dealer since summer last year and was told from the very start that Skoda Ireland had completely sold its allocation for 2021, and wouldn’t be opening order books for the Enyaq until November 2021. We placed our order and were allocated a December build date in early November (which was subsequently pushed back a few weeks). Maybe they took your order for their order list, but it wasn’t officially on Skoda’s order book? Did they give you a manufacture week?

Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Ordered 4th October, nothing yet but the plus side means they have hopefully ironed out a lot of the issues and fixed the rubbish app everyone keeps going on about by the time if turns up.
Phoebe22

Post by Phoebe22 »

Robrad30 - Hi - We're a repeat customer (have bought Skoda for years). Dealer is MSL and they have always been excellent in our experience. We ordered around 12 October - no build date - but where told it would be sometime in Q1 2022 likely the latter half. We switched on 5 November from Enyaq 80 to Enyaq Sportline 80 (not the x model) and were assured that delivery wasn't impacted as order hadn't hit factory by then (so lines up with what you say about order book not opening till Nov 21). In early December we got email to say the order had "been accepted for production by factory". Its been at that status since according to MSL. I got the COMM number last Friday and Skoda AS as they feel we should have had some movement since then - they are checking for update so we expect to hear this week fingers crossed. Hope you're wrong re dealer not being straight with me - that would really tick me right off - and I''m not a nice person when ticked off : )

sw1000 - similar order just not the x - the pricing for the sportline only became available in Ireland at beginning of November and thats when we switched - (well at least thats what Skoda Ireland said).
Last edited by Phoebe22 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

Phoebe22 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:26 pm Hope you're wrong re dealer not being straight with me - that would really tick me right off - and I''m not a nice person when ticked off : )
Hold out hope, we heard from our dealer last Friday that production started on our car last week, so hopefully yours will follow shortly! Our initial build week was supposed to have been Christmas week, but ŠKODA shut down production for an extended period over holiday and then things were dicey with the chip shortage so we were told early January that we’d be looking at an additional 4 weeks on the initial build date. All in all, we’ll be about 6 or 7 weeks longer than originally planned, which is doable.
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

Here you have a proof that Volkswagen group has the worst delivery times. Special award for Enyaq
https://www.carwow.co.uk/new-car-delivery-times#gref
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Monman

Post by Monman »

Ordered my Enyaq 80x Sportline 11th Nov 21 as I thought it was time to go EV on my next vehicle. Plus I no longer require a hardcore off roader but still 4WD is a must. Dealer stated 12 weeks order to delivery.

Since then its increased to 16 weeks then 30 weeks and now 30 weeks up to 52 weeks or more at last contact.

Incidentally Told order acknowledged by Skoda 1st week in March 22 but thus far no build date.

Now seriously considering cancellation of order & stick with my trusty Wrangler for another year or two. It is poor on MPG. But my Mileage is now So very low that MPG is not really the issue it once was.

Hopefully? by then lead in times improve on new EV,s

Incidentally I did consider a Tesla Model 3 4WD that had a relatively short lead in time. but after a test drive changed my mind.

It had as you would expect plenty of Tech and a nice enough ride. But rightly or wrongly the build quality and finish of the car seemed not what I expected.

That said! I am used to cars built like tanks! IE Defenders and latterly Wranglers.

So am not really comparing like for like Although the Enyaq instantly gave me the impression of good build quality.
TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

Mine was ordered 30th September 21, was told 31st March 22 then that moved back to 23rd June 22. I'm told the build slot is early May. I am going to check in with the dealer soon to confirm but our lease company thinks this is still on target.

My colleague ordered an Ioniq5 the same time, he was also told 31st March 22 which was out back to 30th April 22....last week he was told it's now 14th December 22!

Some crazy lead times out there.
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Ordered my Enyaq July and delivered December so quite fortunate compared to current wait times. Like driving EVs so much am replacing my ICE with a Tesla Model 3. Ordered Tesla in late March with February 23 delivery but this has now changed to late May to June 22. Didn’t believe it but Tesla have confirmed so now have the “dilemma” of getting my second EV 9 months ahead of schedule!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
parkview094

Post by parkview094 »

Had a quick run round the competitors earlier this week. BMW i4, All the Kia's, All the Audi's, Hyndai Ioniq - all quoting 52+ weeks delivery. MG? 2 weeks.. Almost tempted to get an MG5 whilst I wait on the Enyaq. How bad can the depreciation be...
Enyaq iV80, ecoSuite, Metallic Brilliant Silver, Heat Pump, Climate Pack, Convenience Pack Plus, Transport Pack, Panoramic Roof.
Ohme Home Pro Charger (Tethered)
Ordered 13/10/21. Order accepted July 2022. Build Week 44 (31st October). Collected 17/12/22
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

Waiting times are being longer every week...
Some buyers ordered in May'21 without a delivery date yet.
New orders will take 60+ weeks but still some people are thinking this is a global issue. Yes it is but how to manage it is drived by Skoda.
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post