Ridiculous waiting times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Westy

Post by Westy »

Tesla are not immune for sure, prices are up on most of their cars in the states ($2k this month on many of them) and delivery times are going out by months. China built cars still getting to us at the moment, but we aren’t a major market so that’s bound to change.

Our company car list is getting thinner by the week as more and more cars delivery schedules extend.

As a counterpoint though, I can remember my dad ordering the 1st of the rounder 3 series (after E21 - bmw fans can correct me) and waiting list was over 12 months…..when it arrived it was a lemon and got sent back after a week !
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate

Wotters

Post by Wotters »

😕
“ From Monday, October 18, the Mladá Boleslav-based carmaker Škoda Auto will significantly reduce or completely cease production in all three of its Czech plants. The reason is the missing chips that are used in on-board electronics. The company will focus on completing a large number of work-in-progress cars.”

Oh well, it’s the same for all manufacturers.
Just have to play the waiting game now.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
TomF72

Post by TomF72 »

I've been given a 9 month waiting time and that was 2 months ago and still no build date. I lose my current company car in March, with Enyaq 80 Sportline not being available until late June 2022, concidering cancelling my order as there are a number of brands outside of the Volkswagen Audi Group who seem to be able to deliver a lot faster. I realise there are problems in the market at the moment, but can't understand why VAG seems to have a much bigger problem than others?? :x
orrery

Post by orrery »

TomF72 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:29 am I've been given a 9 month waiting time and that was 2 months ago and still no build date...
Ditto.

Most of the info regarding deliveries on here is about cars ordered June or July.

Anyone with August or September order dates got a build week to share?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
ChrisIsted

Post by ChrisIsted »

Ordered End of Aug. Have a build week 45. That was a few weeks ago and no news since.
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, Suite, 120kW charging, Climate Basic, Convenience Plus, Drive Sport Basic, Parking Basic, Rear side airbags.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Ordered mid August. Left factory Week 44 (Nov 5th). Dealer now requesting details of my part-ex car, which makes me think it's only a week or so away from collection.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Good to know yours was fairly short on delivery time, ordered my 80x with nearly all options October 4th. Still waiting for the order "To be accepted" so we will see how it plays out. Personally will give them until the 1st April to deliver. After that I will probably cancel as I have my eye on the new Mercedes ECE. Different type of car but it does look really nice, step up on the price bracket but since I'm spending 56k on the Enyaq already I'm not far off
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yeah, I was quite happy for mine to be well into 2022, perhaps February. Not in any rush, and was aware of the delays when I ordered. I've got a friend waiting for a Mercedes, and his date has slipped from Nov 2021, to Jan 2022 to now Oct 2022. He too isn't that fussed as there's nothing that wrong with his current car.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Ordered end of August - dealer has emailed me virtually every week with the same comment: “Still do not have a build date yet for your car”. Very frustrating but I am OK at the moment as I want it in March on a 22 plate, but if nothing changes before or very shortly after the New year I will start to explore other options (I notice btw that the Tesla M3 is now already on March delivery). I am really not willing to wait until May/ June.
Tulls

Post by Tulls »

Agree with the original post. But whst I find even more frustrating is that on other posts on the forum its suggested that skoda, and possibly other makes, are prioritising building cars which are more profitable to the dealers. This means the 60 I ordered in May is being pushed further and further behind, latest is that nd of Jan but I'm not convinced I'll see it this side of Easter. The company car leasing company are telling me nothing other than the obvious lack of chips.
Enyaq I 60 loft black magic

Ordered 10 May 21, delivery due mid Aug, mid Sept, late Oct, early Jan & now end Jan

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post