Ridiculous waiting times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

Double whammy of chip supply and wire harnesses being made in Ukraine. On the former, VW must have some awful procurement management compared to others. I ordered my Tesla Model Y at the back end of Feb 22 for delivery 1st June 22. Other colleagues have had their E-TRON orders for a year now. My wife’s Enyaq vRS is also scheduled for 52 weeks. The dealership seemed confident that would reduce but they know probably as much as you or I.

Deleted User 932

Post by Deleted User 932 »

Hello,

I've ordered a different electric vehicle, this one is made in China which appears to have a much better supply chain at the moment, which is mostly what this is all about isn't it?
Whichever car arrives first I will complete the order and cancel the other with the deposit refunded, at the moment it looks like it will be the Skoda Enyaq that gets cancelled even though I ordered that first.

What probably isn't helping is the sheer number of variations of Skoda Enyaq that can be manufactured, great for personalisation, but less so for getting the cars through the factory.
I know it really doesn't work like this in real life, as not all combinations can be picked, but a quick glance at the brochure we have something like thirty six different optional extras and packs, across five interior design options (Loft, Lodge, Lounge, Suite and ECO Suite) over four trim levels (60, 80, 80 SportLine and 80x SportLine) it just goes to show that actually one chip on one component delayed or unavailable can hold a lot of cars up.

Also, I don't know if it works like this, but as Skoda may well share common components with other manufactures in the group, if the same chip in short supply, but is more profitable diverted to an Audi or VW than a Skoda, the supply is going to go to the other factories first isn't it?
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

Qayne wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:15 am Hello,

I've ordered a different electric vehicle, this one is made in China which appears to have a much better supply chain at the moment, which is mostly what this is all about isn't it?
Whichever car arrives first I will complete the order and cancel the other with the deposit refunded, at the moment it looks like it will be the Skoda Enyaq that gets cancelled even though I ordered that first.

What probably isn't helping is the sheer number of variations of Skoda Enyaq that can be manufactured, great for personalisation, but less so for getting the cars through the factory.
I know it really doesn't work like this in real life, as not all combinations can be picked, but a quick glance at the brochure we have something like thirty six different optional extras and packs, across five interior design options (Loft, Lodge, Lounge, Suite and ECO Suite) over four trim levels (60, 80, 80 SportLine and 80x SportLine) it just goes to show that actually one chip on one component delayed or unavailable can hold a lot of cars up.

Also, I don't know if it works like this, but as Skoda may well share common components with other manufactures in the group, if the same chip in short supply, but is more profitable diverted to an Audi or VW than a Skoda, the supply is going to go to the other factories first isn't it?
Which one did you order as alternative?
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

I’ve got a Tesla Model Y coming for myself. It was ordered at the end of Feb and the delivery is still scheduled on the 1st June. So if that sticks it’ll be 3 months which is very fast even in normal times.

The benefit of limited options, I guess.
Deleted User 932

Post by Deleted User 932 »

The alternative on order is an iX3, only two specifications available, order placed end of March, build week already allocated for July, with delivery already allocated for September. The Enyaq is order placed with factory, still waiting for the order to be received by the factory let alone have a build week allocated.
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

l]If you are one of the customers that ordered a 60 one as me, take a seat and grab a cup of tea, is going to be even longer....
60 No longer available and priority for 80's over 60's for ordered already :cry:
I said in past posts that to add complexity to the portfolio adding a coupe version will not help to manage the demand, now we have a direct consequence. Bad business decisions are going cost a lot to the VAG group but the bigger impact is going to be over dealerships, many of them will face difficulties in the coming months
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Myfirstev

Post by Myfirstev »

Luisk73 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:50 pm l]If you are one of the customers that ordered a 60 one as me, take a seat and grab a cup of tea, is going to be even longer....
60 No longer available and priority for 80's over 60's for ordered already :cry:
I said in past posts that to add complexity to the portfolio adding a coupe version will not help to manage the demand, now we have a direct consequence. Bad business decisions are going cost a lot to the VAG group but the bigger impact is going to be over dealerships, many of them will face difficulties in the coming months
Not to be selfish, I've been told mines built but awaiting chips, hoping that might mean they push mine out quicker to get it out of the way. My current ice car is getting to the point it needs a service and piling on min 300 miles a week won't be long till I'll have to spend money on a car I won't have for long after
Ordered a 60 on sep 13th. Most packs, free upgrade to 100kw charging and boot tray, race blue. Build week of 7th march 2022. Charger install 25th January. At UK port 1st June. Hopefully picking up by 16th june
Jojo9709

Post by Jojo9709 »

Hiya, just looking to see if anyone has had any information on new builds wait times yet, seems to be a few issues that I have read and just looking to see if I should stick out the wait or sack it and go elsewhere.

Ordered Sport line 80 with all options “may be my downfall due to chips” to replace my less than a year old bucket Range Rover “even longer story”. But tried to make it like for like as it was miles better value.

Ordered in October 2021 still no build date or anything from skoda and dealer is just saying they are waiting.

Pod point have been to the house and installed the charger in January there but that’s as far as I have got.

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

Mark
Roganbear20

Post by Roganbear20 »

Hi, I ordered October 21 and have been given a build date of 18th July 2022. Its a company car no bells and whistles other than a towbar being fitted
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Ordered My 60 with a few additions October 21 , picking it up tomorrow and on the whole the dealer has been very good and understanding over the the frustration of the delay

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post