Ridiculous waiting times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Not profitable for dealers as such, but less likely to cause dealers to go bankrupt if the customer withdraws or damage to reputation. Dealerships are struggling due to the inability to fulfil orders and the massive drop in second hand car sales. There’s very little margin on the Enyaq due to Skoda trying to establish a foothold in the EV market.

At least two dealerships I know of (not Skoda) are extremely close to closing. Remember they’re not owned by the manufacturers, they pay for the right to use the logo and sell cars under a franchise agreement.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

uhhu

Post by uhhu »

According to the dealer that sold me my car, waiting times aren't getting much better for the Enyaq. He's mentioned that a local taxi company tried to order 300 Enyaqs for next year. Skoda can provide them with only 100 in 2022, the remainder in 2023.
He mentioned that if I don't like the Enyaq and am able to get another car in 6 months time, I will likely make my money back, plus some, as people who are ordering Enyaqs from January onwards, will not get their car in 2022, and so the 2nd hand value will be good.
He didn't mention if this was spec specific, and I've no way of knowing if he is talking nonsense.
RichR

Post by RichR »

There are several Enyaqs on Autotrader with low mileage being sold second hand for significantly more than they would have been new. Such is the demand for cars at the moment.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I did head that European manufacturers are prioritising electric vehicles over ICE cars, as they need to meet Govt targets for the production mix of zero emission vehicles in order to meet legislated CO2 commitments.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Tulls

Post by Tulls »

I spoke to a dealer at the weekend and they suggested that retail orders are being prioritied over motability or lease cars as they allow for more frequent return buys. Doesn't make sense to me as lease or motorbility replace every 3 years
Enyaq I 60 loft black magic

Ordered 10 May 21, delivery due mid Aug, mid Sept, late Oct, early Jan & now end Jan
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

Anyone does have any idea about any othermake and model with a shorter lead delivery time?? I think MG is doing bit better than others
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Luisk73 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:47 pm Anyone does have any idea about any othermake and model with a shorter lead delivery time?? I think MG is doing bit better than others

I heard that Tesla might have shorter lead times. I recently looked into Polestar, Volvo XC40 Recharge and another one I can’t remember and they were all 9+ months.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Depends if you just want any car, or whether you're buying a car because you have specific requirements. In terms of EVs with large high boots, there isn't much else that's likely to be any different. If you're happy with a hatchback or coupe then maybe.

Tesla have just cancelled all Model Y RWD LR orders because they're not going to be able to make them and the SR, so they've just dropped the model and told people to either pay more for the AWD version, or change to the SR version.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

RichR wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:23 pm Tesla have just cancelled all Model Y RWD LR orders because they're not going to be able to make them and the SR, so they've just dropped the model and told people to either pay more for the AWD version, or change to the SR version.
What do you mean by SR? On the Tesla website you can order dual motor long range or dual motor performance. At £55k and £65k plus options...
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

I misunderstood - it’s both the SR and LR RWD versions that have been dropped. Only the more expensive AWD versions are available now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post