Clonky Donkey

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
orrery

Post by orrery »

On the test drive, my wife's pet hate was the noise the indicators make - hence her nickname for the car: The Clonky Donkey.

I'm a long way from delivery, but please, someone give me hope ...

Is there a way of changing the noise or the volume?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I don't think you can no. I changed the indicator sound on my Outlander to the alternative one (which is anyone knows the Outlander is the 'bip-bop' one rather than the click one). My wife hates it, but I've got used to it after a couple of days. Could turn the radio up maybe?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Indeed it’s something my son also commented on, from the YouTube videos we’ve watched. I have the opposite problem with my BMW - they are too quiet.

I have never test driven an Enyaq; I had to place my order before they were available to test, and probably expecting delivery before the end of the month.

I’m quite a fastidious ‘indicator’ so no doubt, I’ll annoy my passengers if they’re so loud !
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's really not that bad. It's a bit more artificial sounding than some older cars, but nothing like the Outlander's alternative one that sounds like someone is playing Pong :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I couldn't even tell you what mine sound like and ive had it 2 months so can't be that bad as I usually get annoyed by silly sounds in a car, especially seat belt warnings.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Caman24

Post by Caman24 »

I saw comments on this forum about the noise and did notice it on test drive but I think with the EV being so quiet this makes them seem louder perhaps?
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

Hmm, the thread title had me assuming it would be about the awful noise made by the application and release of the electronic handbrake when coming to a full stop and when pulling away, caused undoubtedly by the 1970s rear drum brakes!

I find that really embarrassing and I'm always apologizing to passengers for it.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Alzinho wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:41 am Hmm, the thread title had me assuming it would be about the awful noise made by the application and release of the electronic handbrake when coming to a full stop and when pulling away, caused undoubtedly by the 1970s rear drum brakes!

I find that really embarrassing and I'm always apologizing to passengers for it.
Mine is totally silent . you are not trying to use while moving are you? I use the foot break to use regen to come to a stop - auto hold engages and then I activate the electronic handbrake - all silent.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Tesla 3 handbrakes are also noisy. And drum brakes are not a backward step, they’re just as effective as discs when combined with regenerative braking and don’t suffer from rust in the same way. Most cars have had drum brakes for handbrake for decades (set inside a disc brake).
Westy

Post by Westy »

And as a counter point; my wife likes the indicator noise.

Where as I couldn’t care less :) I’ll forgive any indicators after once being lumbered with a Vauxhall with those ones that don’t cancel properly- nearly lost my mind
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate