Retrofit Front Sensors

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
sboyd442

Post by sboyd442 »

Hi,

Last Sunday, I went to test drive an Enyaq with the view of maybe ordering one. While I was there, the dealer informed me that they had a cancelled order due to come at the end of the month.

It more or less fitted my specifications with the exception of front parking sensors and privacy glass. I asked the dealer if it was possible to retrofit the front sensors and he said it wasn’t.

However, I find this hard to be believe. Does anyone know if it is possible? If so, recommendations of where to have a look would be great.

Thanks

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

It may be possible but you would be potentially looking at a full new bumper along with the sensors and wiring loom for that along with software activation. I doubt it would be cheap for a dealer to do.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

There may be third party companies who can fit aftermarket sensors; I suppose they wouldn’t display anything on the screen like factory fitted ones would but would probably beep to warn you.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
sboyd442

Post by sboyd442 »

Thanks both. I had imagined that a dealer retrofit wouldn’t necessarily be cheap but the fact they said it isn’t possible. Seemed odd. Potential lack of desire rather than not possible.

Goaty- I’ll definitely look at third party providers.

I know it’s minor in the grand scheme of things.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I’m a woman driver and if I can judge the front of the car and I’m more than sure you men can too.
I’m only 5.3ft and see enough over the bonnet to know how close I am when parking.
Plus I haven’t got a rear camera just the standard sensors but again easy to judge.
I’ve just got a loft i60 apart from upgrade to bigger wheels my car is pretty standard and loving it apart from a few annoying faults. Owned since July driven nearly 5,000 miles and enjoying the whole driving experience and being one of a kind on the road atm.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

You do have sensors that pick up on the front if you are close to a vehicle ie I was in a blind spot of another vehicle i was in the middle lane of M4 they were pulling out 1st lane of the motorway and they nearly went into my passenger wing I took averted action but a sensor did go off to say they were close to me.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Amanda wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:21 am You do have sensors that pick up on the front if you are close to a vehicle ie I was in a blind spot of another vehicle i was in the middle lane of M4 they were pulling out 1st lane of the motorway and they nearly went into my passenger wing I took averted action but a sensor did go off to say they were close to me.

I think in all my cars, they tend not to trigger above a certain speed. I suppose with aftermarket ones, you might have to manually activate/deactivate them (not saying that yours were aftermarket).

Sounds like that other driver would’ve benefited from blind-spot detection; something I’m looking forward to on my Enyaq (assuming Skoda haven’t removed that feature too, due to a lack of semiconductors!)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Both wing mirrors have a large orange indicator (brightness settable) which you can't miss. Great feature.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you absolutely need them, aftermarket parking sensors are very cheap, about £10. Also relatively easy to fit.
You’ll find the radar stops you hitting most things anyway if you can’t judge where the bumper is.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post