60 range when fully loaded (family road trips!)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MrT123

Post by MrT123 »

Hi all,

Fairly difficult question to answer but looking for any real world experience anyone has of the range of the 60 when going on longer primarily motorway trips, when the car is loaded to capacity (or close to it) - i.e. 40kg of stuff, plus 2 adults and 2 children!

My hypothetical scenario is a holiday from near London, up to the Lake District or Cornwall.

Cheers!

Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

I'm doing a trip next week, only 100 miles or so but will be with 2 teenagers and luggage. I will report back.
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

A real world range of the 60 is around 200 miles. An uneducated guess would be that when fully loaded and doing motorway speeds, you'd probably get around 160-180 miles per charge.
So more than enough to get 2 hours down the road before taking a break and recharging both you and the car.

If you download A Better Route Planner from whatever app store you use, this allows you to change most of the variables (state of charge/weight in car/speed) in the route settings and show you where you would need to stop.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As above - plan your route to stop about every two hours (if you've got children you might need to stop more frequently ;) for a toilet/tea/snack break. If you use ABRP/Zap-Map/etc you can plan these stops to be where there are plenty of chargers and aim to add enough charge to get you to the next stopping place. In the time it takes for two adults and two children to visit the facilities, you'll have added more than enough charge. There's no need to charge to 100% or even 80% on the motorway most of the time.

The maximum range of an EV isn't as important as some people would like to make out. In practice you'll want to stop before the car does, it's just a case of picking that place to be somewhere you can add a bit of charge at the same time.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Agreed. The tipping point for me in planning an EV purchase was when the approximate typical range of the vehicles exceeded my bladder capacity, both measured in appropriate units.

Edit: Of course, I'm getting old, so that may have not actually had anything to do with increases in range...
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

Some interesting findings from my trip this weekend, a 230 mile round trip from Essex to Oxford. I started out at 77% charge
Overall I used 128kw but the driving conditions were wildly different. To avoid the chaos on the M25 yesterday I went cross country, it still meant I drove 73 miles to our recharge stop in 3 hours! I'd used 42% by then and rapid charged to 80%. Side note, met another Enyaq driver at Beaconsfield services while waiting for a charge point.
The next leg, to our destination, I put my foot down and this had a massive affect, 42 miles used 27% charge. No refill at this point because the charger was out of service.
Return journey today was much less eventful but did have an extra passenger, so 5 as opposed to 4 yesterday. Started with 53% and drove 67 miles to a charge stop, arrived with 17%. No traffic and a leisurely 65 - 70 mph. Topped up to 72% and drove the remaining 48 miles using 20%.
Conclusion, right foot has far more to do with range than weight. Sections of my journey today averaged at 4m/kw, can't complain about that.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Morning,
Yes I’m definitely in agreement with you regarding being right foot heavy as with any vehicle.
My problem now is because I commute daily on M4, and dual carriageway of a round trip of 80 miles and tend to average speed 75 ish my recharge range on 80% has dropped to just 145 miles on an overnight charge with the car left outside. Given overnight temperature hasn’t dropped that much yet either.
I haven’t charged up to 100% since September when I drove to Cornwall that gave me a range of 180 then.
I’ve owned my 60 since end of July and have driven 5300 miles so far.
Two weeks ago my overnight charge average on 80% was 160 ish.
It is abit worrying about it keep dropping after I thought it had levelled out once the car had learnt my driving style.
I have taken into account pre heating the vehicle etc.
Using the ac and fan certainly has a bearing on range.
Thing is I brought the car with the intention of how I drove my trusted Audi A3 tri which was foot down go. I don’t want to have to drive at a lower speed be stuck in the first lane behind a lorry, I’m just going to have to see over the next few weeks if the range will drop anymore if so another call to customer service for them to investigate.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

🚗💨. Hard acceleration and enthusiastic speed will absolutely drop the range 🏁!!.

160 miles in an 80% charged iV60, driven in this manner, does sound about right to me. Not sure what others think, but I’d only expect ~250 tops in the 80 I’m getting, driven conservatively on mostly motorway routes - and probably less than 200 if driven hard. I guess you already know that the WLTP figures are not realistic with regards to how (and where) most people drive.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

Amanda wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:36 am Morning,
Yes I’m definitely in agreement with you regarding being right foot heavy as with any vehicle.
My problem now is because I commute daily on M4, and dual carriageway of a round trip of 80 miles and tend to average speed 75 ish my recharge range on 80% has dropped to just 145 miles on an overnight charge with the car left outside. Given overnight temperature hasn’t dropped that much yet either.
I haven’t charged up to 100% since September when I drove to Cornwall that gave me a range of 180 then.
I’ve owned my 60 since end of July and have driven 5300 miles so far.
Two weeks ago my overnight charge average on 80% was 160 ish.
It is abit worrying about it keep dropping after I thought it had levelled out once the car had learnt my driving style.
I have taken into account pre heating the vehicle etc.
Using the ac and fan certainly has a bearing on range.
Thing is I brought the car with the intention of how I drove my trusted Audi A3 tri which was foot down go. I don’t want to have to drive at a lower speed be stuck in the first lane behind a lorry, I’m just going to have to see over the next few weeks if the range will drop anymore if so another call to customer service for them to investigate.
75mph does seem to be the killer point when it comes to battery life.
My commute is only 17 miles and a mix of dual carriageway and urban roads, a 100% recharge normally puts the range at about 220 -230 miles.
I guess the only other thing that can have a dramatic affect is climate control, mine is on all the time but set to smart a/c control.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Done this, with a roofbox and dog too. About 200 miles. On my own I got close 250 once
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post