60 range when fully loaded (family road trips!)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MrT123

Post by MrT123 »

Great answers, thanks!

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Recently did a 161km to airport journey one at mostly 130 km/h (80mph) and the same return at 110km/h (68 mph) with travel assist activated. both started with 100%.
The outward I arrived back with 51% left, The return with 57% left. Well pleased - this means with gentle driving I can do a airport pickup. I doubt the passengers weight will make much difference in a car of IV60's weight.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's surprising how little difference passengers make when you've got a car that weighs over two tonnes empty ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Chris_twm

Post by Chris_twm »

Changes to the aero profile is the thing that really makes a difference (unsurprisingly). I’ve just done a 250 mile round trip in my 80 with a roof box on top and found I was getting about 3kw/mile down from the 3.7 I get without
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Having had my Enyaq iV80 for a month now, I was going to start a new post with all my thoughts so far, but my thoughts on range are maybe useful here as well.

Most of my car use has been on my daily commute (A406, A13, A12 area), but I've also had some longer journeys as well. I have definitely noticed that how you drive the car can have a big impact on efficiency, and therefore range. I try to use the ACC as much as possible, which on my vehicle does cover the traffic assist, so will stop and start itself when in heavy traffic. Using this I am consistently getting between 3.7 and 4.0 m/kWh on my commute, and on longer journeys, albeit at an average of 60mph (M25 traffic), I've actually had close to 5 m/kWh. As a result, the range of my car has consistently worked out to be 320 to 330 miles. I've not taken it on a really long run where I have been able to run at 70mph for a long period of time however.

Sometimes though I have not used the ACC at all, and just driven the same journeys and my commute more manually. Those times, no matter how gentle I am on the throttle, and how smooth I try to drive with as much recuperation as possible, I have never been able to get over 3.2 m/kWh. For me it does show that how the car is driven is quite a major factor in range, but also just how good the ACC is at managing that driving style to maximise range.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ makes me even more annoyed that they’ve removed Traffic Jam Assist from my car, due to shortages. Apart from being convenient, I suspect that also helps with efficiency - given your experience above.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Adaptive cruise control (even normal cruise control) can make a big difference, as increasing the speed of the car uses more power than maintaining a speed. Humans have a habit of not being 100% dedicated to maintaining a set speed, so often let it drop and then notice and instinctively accelerate to get it back to what they want - usually harder than is necessary. Cruise control is far more gentle at accelerating, so wastes less.

I've noticed this on all the cars I've had cruise control on - maintaining 65-70mph on cruise is a lot more efficient than doing it manually. I suspect there are other factors too, such as being more likely to overtake if the car in front is drifting a couple of mph down and up again - ACC means you probably wouldn't even notice.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Just done a 100 mile trip in the IV60. Temperature around 14 degrees and dry roads. Stuck to all speed limits with ACC and traffic assist.

Fully loaded boot, roof box, 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 2 small dogs.

Was expecting economy to really drop with all I was carrying and the roof box.

Managed 3.2 miles / kWh, which I am really pleased with.

Best I have had with an empty car was 4.2 miles / kWh

Worse was 2.8 miles / kWh

Seems temperature and wet roads makes more of a difference than weight and roof boxes.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

My 60 is still showing 180 miles after an 80% charge which implies a 100% range of 225 miles but experience tells me this is a bit optimistic. The car has consistently done 3.6 m/kWh which means 209 miles from the battery assuming it actually has a capacity of 58kWh. The longest journey I've done was 190 miles - starting from 100% reading 242 and showing 23 at the end i.e. 213 max. This was about 75% motorway and limiting the speed to 65mph with one only in the car and always in B mode. Others are right in suggesting speed is the killer.
EdH

Post by EdH »

Hi, Hopefully still on topic…
Assuming some others on here have the option of different diving modes. I think it’s the Drive Sport Package Basic I have.
I’ve got some good mileage with ‘Eco’ mode on. Unfortunately every time I start a new journey it defaults to ‘Normal’. This is different to other VW group cars I’ve owned.
Anyone got any idea how to overcome this? It’s infuriating!
Cheers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post