60 range when fully loaded (family road trips!)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MrT123

Post by MrT123 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi all,

Fairly difficult question to answer but looking for any real world experience anyone has of the range of the 60 when going on longer primarily motorway trips, when the car is loaded to capacity (or close to it) - i.e. 40kg of stuff, plus 2 adults and 2 children!

My hypothetical scenario is a holiday from near London, up to the Lake District or Cornwall.

Cheers!

Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:47 pm

I'm doing a trip next week, only 100 miles or so but will be with 2 teenagers and luggage. I will report back.

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:04 pm

A real world range of the 60 is around 200 miles. An uneducated guess would be that when fully loaded and doing motorway speeds, you'd probably get around 160-180 miles per charge.
So more than enough to get 2 hours down the road before taking a break and recharging both you and the car.

If you download A Better Route Planner from whatever app store you use, this allows you to change most of the variables (state of charge/weight in car/speed) in the route settings and show you where you would need to stop.

RichR

Post by RichR » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:24 pm

As above - plan your route to stop about every two hours (if you've got children you might need to stop more frequently ;) for a toilet/tea/snack break. If you use ABRP/Zap-Map/etc you can plan these stops to be where there are plenty of chargers and aim to add enough charge to get you to the next stopping place. In the time it takes for two adults and two children to visit the facilities, you'll have added more than enough charge. There's no need to charge to 100% or even 80% on the motorway most of the time.

The maximum range of an EV isn't as important as some people would like to make out. In practice you'll want to stop before the car does, it's just a case of picking that place to be somewhere you can add a bit of charge at the same time.
Ordered Aug 2021: Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW charging, Assisted Drive Plus, Transport, Heat Pump, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus.

Chris__M

Post by Chris__M » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Agreed. The tipping point for me in planning an EV purchase was when the approximate typical range of the vehicles exceeded my bladder capacity, both measured in appropriate units.

Edit: Of course, I'm getting old, so that may have not actually had anything to do with increases in range...
Enyaq iV 60 on order, build week 40, revised 41. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post