Seat covers?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

So I'm thinking about how to protect my shiny new Sportline interior from

a) my kids
b) my mum's dogs
c) future me who starts to stop caring!

And I am thinking about seat covers. I note the SkodaParts website does not have bespoke seat covers for the Enyaq.

I don't want generic ones which don't fit properly. I want high quality ones for the front and back seats which are bespoke for the Sportline

Does anyone have any recommendations of providers you have used before? A Google shows a wealth of options but some look shaky in terms of quality and fit.
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I find even the fitted ones don't fit properly.
You must ensure that any seat covers do not cover any air bags in the seat sides (I'm presuming there are).
I know many who recommend Capital Seating as some of the best but while they seem decent quality, I never like the look personally.
https://www.capitalseating.co.uk/protec ... geNumber=5
A friend of mine has these in his RS and they are actually very nice even though they are cheap and generic.
https://e-tech.uk.com/e-tech-ultro-prem ... seat-cover
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

My dog is the reason I went for leather seats. :D
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

My (six) dogs only ever go in crates in the boot, so there's no danger of them muddying the seats. However I usually go for leather or Alcantara seats because the dog hairs don't weave in like they do on fabric seats ;)

Maybe as an alternative to covers, it might be worth looking into surface treatments (ie Scotchguard type products) for the seats so that they are less likely to get dirty, or are at least easy to keep clean?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

If you do want a coating for Leather and Fabrics, I recommend Gtechniq Smart Fabric AB V2. Excellent and lasts at least a year on a dirty daily.
I've had it on the interior of my garage queen for 4.5 years and its still showing signs that its alive and repels water.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Yep, I was talking dog hair too, I always thought having a short-haired dog like a beagle would negate this problem, but nope.

I used to use a back seat hammock, but found dog hairs getting everywhere, even though the hammock covered the seats.

For the last couple of year, Katie has gone in the boot (secured high-sided dog bed and tethered harness), but I found that dog hairs still getting into the fabric of the seats.

Hence leather seats on the new car. When it arrives, I may revert to the hammock, as I quite liked the solution, and it frees up the boot. Although with the space in the back, I think her dog bed might even fit in the footwell, behind the front passenger seat. But if it doesn't it isn't the end of the world.

It's usually just me and the dog in the car, sometimes a front-seat passenger. Although I'll sometimes have people in the back seats, that tends to be just for special days and holidays, and I can take them as they come.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

On a related note, I've never understood how a dog who can leap up and down off a sofa all day, or even a dining table, given the motivation (!) finds it just soooo haaaard to jump into a boot or back seat. ("no I am not carrying you")
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

Chris__M wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:44 pm On a related note, I've never understood how a dog who can leap up and down off a sofa all day, or even a dining table, given the motivation (!) finds it just soooo haaaard to jump into a boot or back seat. ("no I am not carrying you")
While waiting for my Enyaq I had to take our GSD to the vet, only car available was my MR2, that is not an experience I want to repeat :lol:
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

Thanks for the info and recommendations folks. Appreciated.
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
jamest

Post by jamest »

Came across these, which actually look pretty nice:

https://www.overthetop.co.uk/skoda/

They don't seem to have any rear seat covers for the Enyaq yet unfortunately. I'll send them an email and ask.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post