Terrible reversing camera FIX!!!!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I suppose the line Skoda may take is - cameras are relatively new and 15 years ago, we generally didn’t even have sensors in most cars, let alone cameras (and managed to reverse back then).

I’m not dismissing the issue people are having- it’s not great for me either (I have standard lights) but it is leagues ahead Mrs Goaty’s Qashqai camera. I’ve never had reversing cameras in any of my previous cars and for the last 13 years or so, I’ve relied on sensors & mirrors, and just mirrors before that.

I do think Skoda made a mistake with the ‘standard’ rear light cluster; it is so basic on the standard light system, compared to the rear light cluster included with the matrix light option which are brighter (wider) and provide better illumination assistance for the camera. It really would not have cost them much more to put additional lights on the boot. The plastic cover is there already!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Does anyone with Matrix lights have an image of the camera in use at night ¿
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

I’ll see if I can take a photo next time I’m in the car in the dark.

I have no issues reversing at night with the camera and mirrors. Think most of the light is from the tail lights to be honest, as everything is quite reddish.

I do think my Outlander’s camera was better in the dark (as it switched to black and white), but the Enyaq one I find perfectly adequate.

Having said that - I’ve driven for decades without a reversing camera so don’t rely on it that much other than getting close to the white line at the rear of carpark spaces.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I've had it on my last 3 cars, 2 BMW's & the Skoda Karoq. BMW camera was good but in the worst position ever, pumper just above licence plate so in the qi ter it got covered in dirt and was unusable since they didn't fit it with a spray nozzle to clean it while doing rear window.

Karoqs was brilliant day or night Crystal clear so moving jnto the Enyaq we expected the same quality image but it's almost like going back to watching telly at 480p compared to 4k resolution !

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
orrery

Post by orrery »

What's the reversing light 'bulb'? Any chance of getting something brighter?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

orrery wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:32 pm What's the reversing light 'bulb'? Any chance of getting something brighter?
Nope it's an integrated LED strip as I thought the same thing.

Only lamp that can be changed is front indicators on the standard light setup.

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

The camera works pretty well for me after applying the fix by rugbyant. Not much to complain so far had no issues with it. Could be better for sure, but does the job. At least in my case with the matrix lights it works well.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

This is the fix applied with standard lights in a light street, and the phone camera has improved it.

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Hard to say, BioHzrd, i have snow all over the place so everything looks quite bright. But when I applied the fix I could not reverse to our front yard, could not see the garage door at all. Fix applied and it worked quite well. Tbh I just moved the sliders randomly to get a decent image, and it works well since. Let's see once the snow melts (if ever).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post