Terrible reversing camera FIX!!!!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

I can't believe nobody else tried turning the brightness up! The manual does show where the button for changing the brightness, contrast etc is (page 188 in the PDF).

Maybe people who got their cars quickly haven't spend months reading the manual like me in anticipation of being able to change settings when it eventually arrives :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The default is possibly optimised for Matrix LED lights.

Like RichR I also spent months browsing the manual.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:00 am I can't believe nobody else tried turning the brightness up! The manual does show where the button for changing the brightness, contrast etc is (page 188 in the PDF).

Maybe people who got their cars quickly haven't spend months reading the manual like me in anticipation of being able to change settings when it eventually arrives :D

You are in danger of becoming our ‘go-to’ guru 👍🤣
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Only if I can find the answer in the 2020 PDF of the manual ;) Probably won't have a clue once I actually get my Enyaq...
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

There’s a manual !!! Why didn’t anyone say - there’s been loads of bad posts on the camera. :roll:

To be fair I looked in the digital one:

https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w ... 552e103368

Which doesn’t explain the settings. And it wasn’t the brightness that needed changing it was the contrast (middle one), which makes the camera great day and night (to answer the question).

Very simple tweak, maybe too simple that it’s overlooked.
Last edited by rugbyant on Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

Goaty wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:37 am Thanks for posting ! Which icon on the screen did you press to bring up the adjustment settings; was it the one in green, showing what looks like 3 cars? I don’t have my Enyaq yet.

Also does increasing the brightness at night, then make it too bright and ‘washed out’ during the day, or does it allow you to set something different for daytime?

Thanks
When reverse gear selected, press the 3 dots on the left

C3CDD5FC-882B-46C9-A3A4-D9252CF44DFD.jpeg

, and then

D821441D-DFF3-4975-8325-1A687C0A13E6.jpeg

RichR

Post by RichR »

Agreed - the online manual is not good at all. There is a PFF of the Nov 2020 version which is better (at least it has a proper index). But it’s no longer on the Skoda websites.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

RichR wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 pm Agreed - the online manual is not good at all. There is a PFF of the Nov 2020 version which is better (at least it has a proper index). But it’s no longer on the Skoda websites.
Try here: https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Models
Select the Enyaq picture.

I have parking plus and for the first time placed my hand near the reversing screen and now see I can swap between the all round view, the reversing camera and the rear sensors.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

That's the online manual only, not the PDF :(
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Great, works well.
TBH I don't why I should be adjusting this at all, it should just work by default, adjust it automatically or tune the levels right for both day and night.
Also I never noticed the setting as it appears only when you reach out for the screen, and that is not something I do when reversing with the car. Not too obvious that it can be adjusted.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post