Auto door locking

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Hi all

3000 miles in and I am loving my 80. It's performed exactly as I hoped it would.

However there is one thing that is driving my wife mad. She is very claustrophobic and hates it when car doors auto lock - she wants people to be able to get in if there is an emergency and she is incapacitated.

On previous cars, a quick look through the settings has fixed the issue, but I have not been able to do it on the Enyaq

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I would expect that the doors would be auto unlocked if the airbags are deployed.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - by law, all door locks must unlock if any of the safety systems activate (ie airbags, seatbelt pretensioners etc).
I suspect that includes other things like driver alertness monitoring or crew protect too. If you've got Assisted Drive Plus, where it will bring the car to a safe stop, put the hazards on and phone Skoda to tell them the driver is incapacitated, then I would expect that to unlock the doors too.
I can't see anything in the manual about a setting for this, but maybe someone who has their car can take a look.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Thank you both.

Unfortunately my wife is not happy with this, hopefully someone will know how to disable the function
RichR

Post by RichR »

If it can’t be done in the settings menus, then it’s probable it can be done by a dealership.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

KrisN wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:08 am Thank you both.

Unfortunately my wife is not happy with this, hopefully someone will know how to disable the function
If the emergency services need to get into your car in an emergency, they will get into your car regardless of what packages or locking systems you have. The locking systems that exist are very good at detecting if an accident has occurred but even if that fails, we will be in tout suite.
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
Wombleyaq

Post by Wombleyaq »

Looks like it's definitely a job for the dealer:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/28391/