Winter Range v ID3

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I am just about to order a Sportline 80 and am wondering what the cooler weather has done to the range, I currently have an ID3 with the 58KWH battery and the range has dropped from a very doable 260 miles to 200 miles, mileage is mainly done on A Roads with very little motorway usage, just wondering what it will drop too as we go into proper winter.
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I suspect it has a lot to do with journey length. Short trips seem to drain the battery level faster. Anyone else noticed this?
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I expect a 30% drop in Finland due to freezing temps. Snowy roads reduce mileage even more, but you should reactively drive slower in bad conditions, which counters the drop.

Highway speed limits will go down from 120kmh to 100kmh.

All in all I don't expect I have to make much changes to trip planning.
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

My experience this week based on the lower temperatures and on my usual daily commute, is that the efficiency has dropped by maybe about 10%. The roads have still been dry though, so I would expect that the efficiency would drop further when they are wet.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I've found thus far about the same as Rudesing at about a 10% loss.

I was getting the predicted value to about 260 miles on an 80% charge, now that's just below 240. This week ive been using the pre-heating and heated wheel so will be interesting to see what the next charge brings.

My average since start was at 3.4m/kwh, now at 3.1m/kwh. Ive done 2600 miles since start of August.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post