Lighting features

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Blaineyboy

Post by Blaineyboy »

Hi all

I’ve recently ordered my Enyaq through a company car lease. This forum has been a great help in making me take the plunge to an EV car, so thanks!

Been looking at some of the features, and I guess because I don’t have them on my current car I’m wondering what they are exactly.

1) Boarding spots and welcome logo - assume this if you open the doors an image/logo protects? If so, does anyone have a picture of this?

2) Headlight range control - what makes this different to full beam?

3) LED headlights (Basic) - what makes this different ti matrix lights, simply no animation or anything else?

4) Light assistant (including coming home and leaving home features)

Not sure what this is at all?

Thanks all
Ordered Mid Nov 2021
Build week 33
Delivered Mid October 2022)
Enyaq IV 60 loft
Arctic Silver
Drive Sports Package Basic
Climate Package Basic
Parking Package Basic (free upgrade to intelligent Park Plus)

RichR

Post by RichR »

Basic LED headlights are just a single LED for dipped and main, like a normal headlight. So one beam pattern for dipped, one for main.
Matrix headlights have many LEDs to make lots of beams that can be turned on or off individually to make different shaped beams. So if there’s a car coming towards you it’ll turn off or dim the beams that point where that car is, but leave the others on - so it’s like main beam all the time.

Coming home lights stay on after you get out of the car so you can see your way to your front door (if you don’t have streetlights/security lights). Leaving home lights are the same but come on as you approach the car.

There is a photo of the logo puddle lights in the brochure I think.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Blaineyboy

Post by Blaineyboy »

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn’t realise so much could be done with the front beams
Ordered Mid Nov 2021
Build week 33
Enyaq IV 60 loft
Arctic Silver
Climate Package Basic
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Skoda ‘puddle’ logo, shown from outside the car, and what you see inside. It doesn’t really illuminate much if you’re about to step out the car, so you might still step in something unpleasant!

D187C972-88B7-4919-8198-EC0E2527B38A.jpeg

D3DF145C-3199-4B8F-A561-7436866FCF34.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Blaineyboy

Post by Blaineyboy »

Thanks for taking those - looks quite smart
Ordered Mid Nov 2021
Build week 33
Enyaq IV 60 loft
Arctic Silver
Climate Package Basic
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Blaineyboy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:42 am Thanks for taking those - looks quite smart

No probs. They do look good, but more conventional puddle lights which have a better spread, are probably more practical. Also as I say, you don’t really benefit from the illumination when you’re stepping out the car, as the light is very focused / concentrated around the logo - which you can’t actually see from the inside. My iPhone camera which I used to take these photos, over-exposed the image to make them brighter than you would see in reality.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also the matrix headlights will detect bends in the road ahead and illuminate 'round the corner' to some extent. If you approach a car from behind, it'll effectively make a dark patch where that car is so they're not dazzled by your headlights - like dipped beam, but just for the area the car in front is in.

Other than that, the full LED option gives you tail lights that extend onto the boot lid, two reversing lights and pretty animations when you lock/unlock the car.

It's standard on Sportline (and on all Enyaq models in some countries). But illegal in the USA which is why Teslas don't have it ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

This gives a good look at what the matrix lights do...

MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

The video, from Bjorn Nyland, doesn't sell the Matrix headlights to me. It seems to dip when there are simply other lights around even when there are no other cars and when moving to an unlit area takes a while to go to full beam. It also did not appear to "Look" round the corner much. My car does not have them and the headlights are the best I have had, better even than on recent Passat Estate. Bright with a good spread, better on full beam than the Matrix appeared to give.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I have seen better examples - it makes more sense when there's other cars about. But yes, the standard headlights are pretty good too for conventional headlights.

Try this one for a more comprehensive coverage of the functions:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post