Basics of charging Type 2 and CCS

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

So Type 2 - House is 7kw, most of my local chargers are 22kw but Enyaq can't accept this, they only go to 11kw when using AC?

DC CCS - car has fast charge, so that can take 100 or 100kw, the driver fast chargers can only be used if you have purchased the fast charger or can someone who has an enyaq but not ordered fast charge can they use a 51kw dc?

Thanks

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

Basically yes.

The Enyaq charger can handle 7kw Ac (single phase household supply) and also 11kw AC (3 phase industrial supply.
Very few cars can take 22kw AC, and the ony need for it is really if you do not have a dc charger as well.

With the DC, again yes. The standard charger is 50kw DC, with the option to upgrade it to 100KW DC on the 60 and 125kw dc on the 80. There is talk that you can upgrade the charge rate after delivery. It is active in the Netherlands, but it's not in the UK yet.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The 50kW option hasn't been available since September. It's fixed at 100kW (Enyaq 60) or 125kW (Enyaq 80) now. It's likely that those figures will rise a bit with a software update in the next year as they have on the ID.3/ID.4.

Also remember these figures are the maximum the car can draw - 11kW on AC, or 100/125kW on DC. Depending on how much charge is currently in the battery and the battery temperature, the actual amount of power being taken from the charger can be much less. You get maximum charging rates when the battery is warm and below 10%. By 80% it really drops off which is why good etiquette is to stop charging before 80% on public rapid chargers.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Should also be noted that as we have a 400v system and not a 800v system, quite often on the mid-range DC chargers 100-150kW, you wont get the advertised max as that is only achievable on 800v batteries. A lot of the mid range chargers of say 120kW are limited to roughly 200A which on the 400v nominal of our battery you can only get 80kW (maybe a bit more as the battery can go a bit higher than 400v). This has caught out a few owners thinking their car isnt working properly. However should you charge on say a 150kW charger, they usually have a higher Amperage and will get you there. To get the full whack 125kW on the Enyaq you need over 300A at the charger.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

@frankfurterber 1, to answer your second question I believe that you can use any CCS charger & the car will only draw what it needs/is capable of. From what I’ve read the faster chargers tend to be more expensive, so best avoided unless you can take advantage of the faster charging rates.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

As MikeJL says you can plug your car into an Ionity 350kW but your car will only draw what it is capable of be that 50/100/125.

Bare in mind your car won't pull 50/100/125kW exactly all depends on battery SOC (Won't pull 100kw unless below 15%) and temperature too.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Stick to lower powered 50KW chargers as they are so much cheaper and don't cause as many potential future battery issues
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post