Driven like Miss Daisy but enyaq fully charge only showing 184miles

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

IV60, two weeks old, when I received it 240 estimate, ever since 170 to 185.

Though clearly I can do more than this as some 30 mile round trips are only taking 8 miles off the range. So over time prob getting 250 miles but gauge never reflects this. 18 degrees and no AC!

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Is that from 80% or 100% charge ? At 80%, my IV80 shows around 250 ish but drops to around 230 not too long after. I think the 60’s range is about ~60 miles less ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

You do not get a guaranteed range per charge, it depends on how you drive. If I take a petrol car and thrash it at 120mph round a race track, how many mpg does it get? Perhaps 10 mpg. Now if I fill the fuel tank (let's say it's 10 gallons), that would give an estimate of 100 miles for a full tank. If I take the same car and tootle along on cruise control at 50mph it'll do maybe 45mpg. So fill the tank - estimated range is now 450 miles. Both are correct.

Estimated range on an EV is based on the average mi/kWh and the amount of kWh in the battery. When you turn the car off and charge it, it's not driving anywhere so it'll use the last stored consumption value. So if you drove the last 10 minutes in stop/start traffic or accelerated hard from a junction, it'll be low. If you coasted down a hill then stopped and charged it'll be unrealistically high.

The car can't see into the future, so it's going to estimate that you're going to carry on consuming at that rate. Once you set off and get onto a road that's constant speed, it'll be more accurate. If you bring the average down by accelerating down a slip road to join a motorway, the estimate will go down - the car doesn't know when you're going to stop accelerating and what you're going to do later. But once you're on the motorway and doing a constant speed the average will come back up, as will the estimate.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Westy

Post by Westy »

So mixture of motorway and city driving is giving me a current average of 3.6 miles per KW, that’d get me 277 miles if i ran it empty.

I’d always look at your average consumption over long term as a useful guide to what to expect.

Ive got 4+ miles per kw on slow a and b roads.

I’d have thought the 60 would be a little more efficient, as long as not on the 21 inch wheels.
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
frankfurterbear1

I only average 2.5 to 3.1 but this is just doing g the school run or gymnastic drop off,6 mile round trips and 10 mile round trips is it better to further?
RichR

Post by RichR »

Short trips invariably involve bursts of acceleration away from junctions, which uses more power than maintaining a constant speed, so it will tend to drag the average down. It's the same in a petrol/diesel car - you'll get through a tank of fuel much more quickly doing short trips than long ones. I know this from experience: when I drove 50 miles a day on the A19/A64 I used to get about 350 miles to a tank in my Subaru. Then I changed jobs and was only driving 5 miles a day to the local railway station, and was getting only 200-250 miles per tank. Hence I decided to change to a PHEV - I could do most of my commuting on battery power and not use any petrol. And now I'm moving on to full EV because the Enyaq has a boot big enough for my dogs :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I’ve done nearly 6,000 miles in my iv60 since July.
I mainly drive on a B road for a few miles then M4 for my daily commute of 80 miles.
I do tend to average my speed at 75 on the motorway ,my range has dropped from 180 to 160 and now I’m getting 144miles on an 80% charge.
Which is fine as I charge up to 80% daily.I’m just hoping it’s not going to drop anymore now.
Time will tell.

48E77F8C-5C53-4C8C-8E58-AD04C8A7D91A.png

Westy

Post by Westy »

Ive seen quite a bit of a drop in efficiency between 75 and 70, think most EV drivers have found 65 to 70 more effective if they are doing longer trips - but then i guess ICE cars were the same.

Drove past a Taycan Turbo doing 10 mph under speed limit today on m5, clearly managing its range! Or just bored of flooring it and feeling sick :)

Wheel size, temperature etc all relevant as well.
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

frankfurterbear1

I have done 30 miles since full charge, as can be seen it has been school pick up and two gymnastic drop offs and pick ups. I had 174 on clock and now have 151, which is not bad.

20211111_202007.jpg

Westy

Post by Westy »

And that’s with the air on on as well!
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post