Driven like Miss Daisy but enyaq fully charge only showing 184miles

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I do mainly motorway miles and not at hgv first lane speed and mine shows 157 miles on iv60 on 100% charge but usually on a warning when on arriving back home after 110 miles

darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I had the same thing with my ID3 during the warmer weather i was getting the as published range of 250-260 miles per charge that was with a weekly run from Leicestershire to Norfolk of 138 miles each way as we went into the cooler Autumn weather and doing mainly local journeys of up to 10 miles the range on a 100% charge dropped to 180-190 miles, i don't use motorways as they demolish your range so instead take the scenic routes mainly A Roads with a traffic speed of 45-60mph, I picked my Sportline up yesterday and have fully charged to 100% its showing a theoretical range of 301 miles i have driven 3 miles to work and it now shows 288 miles, however i am of to Norfolk this afternoon so will see what a decent run does to increase that theoretical range
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
RichR

Post by RichR »

Please remember that the WLTP figures given in car brochures are not expected ranges. They are for comparing different cars with each other to gauge what real world range might be. It's a specific test of different speeds and conditions with a mix of simulated urban and motorway. It's possible that a car might be really efficient in the urban part but poor in the motorway part, yet still return a higher WLTP figure than a car that's an excellent long distance cruiser.

Range is determined by how you drive, as in my first example - on petrol and diesel cars to. It is impossible for a manufacture to say how far a car can travel on a tank of fuel or a full battery as they have no control over how it's driven. All they can do is give a rough idea - and it'll almost always be less than the WLTP (though it is possible to exceed it if conditions are right).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

If you want an idea of the real range of the 80, I'd say look at the USA EPA range of the id4. The EPA tests tend to be a more accurate gauge of range than wltp
RichR

Post by RichR »

We know that Enyaq 80's are capable of over 400 miles, if driven slowly and smoothly enough (tests by Norwegian AA and others). But for the average traffic and roads in the UK, that's unlikely. More likely is 250-300 miles if it's a mix of motorway/A-road and town. And then add in the factor of air and battery temperatures and using the heater/aircon could bring that down to 200-250 miles in winter.

I don't know how many times I can say it, but it is not possible to say 'this car can drive x number of miles on a full charge/tank'. There's probably a theoretical minimum based on being at full throttle in a headwind up a steep hill, with a trailer, and a theoretical maximum based on coasting downhill on the longest hill on earth with the car in neutral. Actual range will be somewhere in between - all you can give is an estimate based on average driving conditions.

It's like asking how long it takes to drink a pint of beer. Leave it on the table, and take sips occasionally and it could be hours. Drain it in one and it could be 10 seconds. The average is probably something like 30-60 minutes.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Jesus @RichR, you need to punch your landlord, his Pints are obviously far too small!.

I'm now getting about 250 miles, heater is on for 10 mins before I get in and steering wheel heating goes straight on. Also been giving it the beans lately up and down dale on my short B road commute.

In the summer it was closer to and on occasion over 300 miles with more careful driving. Motorway, 4 adults and luggage about 250.

@Roo1980 - We should adopt US std's for these type of tests. Theirs have been much more accurate for many years.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

RichR wrote: ↑Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:54 pm It's like asking how long it takes to drink a pint of beer. Leave it on the table, and take sips occasionally and it could be hours. Drain it in one and it could be 10 seconds. The average is probably something like 30-60 minutes.
Crap if my Enyaq rips through electricity like I rip through pints I am in trouble πŸ˜ƒ
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

@Beninscotland I second that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
TiMoth

Post by TiMoth »

Just by way of comparison. First week in June. Temps 19-25C.
Journey 1: three adults, plus heavy loads with 60% seats lowered in rear with load through the bay.
Drove from near Warrington to the far side of Newmarket (Suffolk) and all but 11 miles of the return journey without charging. Total distance without charge, 369 miles. Average speed 56mph, no aircon, no radio, windows cracked for airflow. Passengers listening to audio books on headphones.
Other journeys for work, me solo in car, no load carried. Radio on but no aircon. 56mph average. Returning 5.4-5.5 miles/kWh total range 430 miles between charges.
For reference I had it in D, with the auto recovery mode off. I turned recovery on manually on bigger hills where it would keep the speed up whilst doing it and coasted on lower gradients and the flat. It has only ever until July been charged on a home wallbox at 7.6kW and once on an AC 22kW charger for 5 mins. (First fast charge this week whilst doing a multi-day set of trips for work, at the Stockport Porsche dealer)

For comparison with ICU cars with me driving:
Mercedes A180D (2015) 1042 mile range (wltp 800) 45L diesel >90mpg
Vaux Insignia 2L cdti ecoflex, 1450 miles 72L diesel tank 80mpg+
Volvo 740 non turbo 2L petrol, 55mpg long run Warrington to Cornwall and back (had no money to fill up!)
Rover 216 Si 16v petrol 1997. 60mpg, averaged 55mpg over the 8 years I had it.
I used to rally so I know how to drive fast but can also drive very smoothly. Even when driving fast I keep the engine speed as constant as possible and use the gears.
Enyaq iV80 Sportline, rear side airbags, 125kW charging and swap to weight class steering. Order confirmed by fleet with dealer 3 Dec 2021. Build slot week 48 2022. Finally build week 50. Arrived Emden mid January. Delivery date to me 16th Feb 2023.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

@Frankfurterbear1

Love the bottom measurement we get in your image on the previous page.
"0.3 kWh/h"
Let me see, kiloWatthours per hour?
Er, that'll be kiloWatts, yes?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post